Chapter 15: White Lips, Pale Face

• Dedicated to Xavier Scott

This is no longer just another chapter in my story…

It is now dedicated to Xavier Scott. He passed away earlier this year and his sister reached out to me after reading my story. “He was the best big brother a girl could ask for, (he was her) best friend until the end and no matter what happened he was there to take care of her.”

He will be dearly missed by all who knew him so please keep his sister and family in your thoughts and prayers. She is one of the strongest 14 year old girls I know. Rest in Peace Xavier ♥ Your sister loves you xx

*************************************************************************

I had to remind myself not to take up my usual spot holding her hand and instead I pulled a chair up next to her bed and fell asleep as a stranger to the girl I thought I had loved.

(NORA/SADIE’S POV)

I rolled over and tried to sit up but I looked down and saw instead that my arms had been cuffed to the iron bars of the hospital bed. Looking around the room I trying to make myself sit up but my arms ached and I looked down again to try to figure out what was wrong with me only to see that I had new bandages there as well, but how had I gotten those? I turned my head on its side and was taken back by my unusually empty bed. Glancing around I saw five boys all sprawled around the room but all of them had kept a distinct distance between them and myself, as if afraid of what I would do if they came too close.

I kept glancing around for anything that could ground me in my mind’s confused state but as I turned back over to the other side of the room a pair of gentle brown eyes met mine and my head spun as I suddenly came to.

“Liam, Liam what’s happened to me?” His eyes grew wide in shock and he jumped up rushing over to the side of the bed and taking hold of my hands in his while he smiled hugely and a look of disbelief crossed his face as his eyes studied my own.  

‘Oh my god you’re back!” I had hoped for an explanation but what happened next came as even more as a shock when he leaned forward, gently caressing either side of my face and he passionately kissed me, his half smile showing through between kisses. I was left in a state of shock though as I pulled away hastily. I looked up at him startled as to what had just happened but he just stared back unfaltering with a huge grin on his face.

What happened next took us both by surprise as Harry stood up and pulled Liam away from me, and well I can only hope it was an accident but when Liam stood upright again a steady stream of blood was coming out of his newly broken nose.

I was about to say something but a soft choked sound from the other side of the room made everyone turn to look, and I saw Xavier in the doorway, he had wheeled himself down here, pulling his machines along with him and waiting at the door. His expression was a mix of anger and hurt, I tried explaining what had just happened but Liam just turned to face him while still holding his nose painfully. I expected anger or an outburst or something from Xavier but he just shook his head and turned to leave, I tried to go after him but the cuffs were still on my arms preventing me from chasing after him.

He pulled back and turned abruptly to leave the room, he paused at the door however and glanced back staring right past me but looking directly at Liam. “Jesus can’t you just stay the fuck away from her, you have no idea what you’re doing to her so just stop it.” He left the room then, slamming the door behind him and I was left to deal with the other boys waking up, my own confusion and Liam’s recently broken nose, I guess nothing ever stays quiet around here for very long.

“Niall take Liam into the bathroom and please try and stop the bleeding, Harry go get Dr Harvey and tell him that I’m not feeling too well and that I’m really overwhelmed and you might need to get Dr Winston too.” They all jumped into action quickly getting over their previous fatigue and I turned to the boys on the other side of the room, “Zayn can you go with Harry please cause he always gets lost and also on your way can you get someone to come look at Liam’s face for me?” Zayn willingly obliged and he and Harry took off down the hall leaving Louis and I alone in the room.