Chapter 66: Iridescent

A/N: Okay so I think I deserve a freaking medal for writing this all tonight! It's only Wednesday and I was going to make you wait till Sunday so you're welcome! But still I really owe it to all of you for being so patient with me and I know this was probably the biggest wait between chapters and that you probably all wanted to kill me at some point during this past month but I hope this chapter can make up for it and that, even though it's not as long as the crazy last one, you still enjoy it and can forgive me enough so send in some feedback! But that's really all from me, I'm off to bed, but thanks so much and happy reading! xx

*********************************************************************

"You have no idea what I’d give to be able to do this all over again with you Liam. You changed my life and you deserve to have someone as special as you change yours. So take risks, live, love, laugh and be happy Liam. Don’t miss me too much. My heart is yours, I love you."

(LIAM'S POV)

It had been one week. One week since I'd seen her smile. One week since I'd seen her beautiful eyes. One week since she'd laughed. One week since she'd stopped being Nora and become her worst nightmare... a hollow, empty mask of her old self. 

I had stopped eating, stopped sleeping, stopped hoping. I would just hold Audrey by her bedside for hours upon end. Just rocking back and forth, back and forth to the beat of her heart.

I missed her. I was lost without her. I was desperate for any sign that nightmare would end. I was lost in the unknown and I didn't know what to do. I wished someone could be there to save me but I was needed. Audrey needed me and I stayed strong for her. 

She was fascinating. She was beautiful. Even though they'd said she was too young I'd sworn she'd smiled at me before. Everyone loved her. I could never stand to take my eyes off of her for too long. When I got to hold her it was the highlight of my day. I had a hard time sharing her with the others though. 

My parents had driven down to London the day she was born and had been a huge help; both with Audrey and helping me cope with everything else. Other than them Louis and Eleanor spent the most time with her, really stepping up to the plate as godparents when I was too overwhelmed to take care of her. But still everyone worshipped Audrey and Harry always sulked when he wasn't with her. He had also begun posting pictures of her all the time on twitter like those annoying new mums on Facebook, but no one could really blame him. 

But still no amount of baby photos or Audrey smiles could distract me from Nora's painful absence. Lara stayed with me in her room most of the time. I could tell she was worried about me but she didn't force her worries onto me like the others. She was just there when I needed a shoulder to cry on or for someone to take Audrey out of my arms when I began to fall asleep. She was quietly helpful and I really needed that. 

On the eighth day I was absentmindedly rocking Audrey to sleep, glancing between her and Nora every few minutes when I was dragged out of my daydreams by someone clearing their throat in front of me.

"Hey Liam, I, I think it's time we talked about this."

"Huh?" I looked up at Zayn's silhouette as he blocked out the light and cast a shadow over Audrey who was sleeping peacefully in my arms. He had been walking around a lot more but still needed a new lung if he was going to have a chance at a normal life, or any life, in the future. 

"About Nora, this isn't healthy Liam. Have you even left this room once today?" I hadn't. I had woken up from where I'd been sleeping in a chair next to Nora's bed and then a nurse had brought Audrey in for me to bottle feed because Nora was still unconscious.