Chapter 39

"Where exactly is Feitan?" I question as I kept following Shalnark around the mall and it seems like we were just going in circles and never finding my boyfriend.

"Well... he... ummm... you see..." He avoided eye contact while trying to find the right words to tell me.

"What? He what?" I ask as I start getting worried towards my boyfriend.

"I... lied to you." He trailed off and I was shock.

Shalnark is not the type of person who would lie to someone close to him, especially to me.

"What?" I ask in disbelief as he tried to avoid eye contact towards me.

"I'm... sorry but... Feitan left this morning to go to New York to study English. I don't know when he will be back but he left this note for you." He handed me an envelope and I sat down to a nearby seat.

"No way... he didn't... I thought that he was already studying here?" Tears were now starting to form from my eyes but I blink them away.

"Don't... really know the reason." He shrug while rubbing the back of his neck.

Come on Y/n, you're stronger than this! That is why he hasn't been showing himself for the past three days. He didn't even tell me that he left today, nor say goodbye.

I slowly opened the note and started reading.

_____________

Dear my beloved Y/n,

I am very sorry for not telling you earlier that I was leaving to New York. I was going to tell you but it happened without a warning. I will stay in New York for five years so I will really really miss you. Don't worry, my siblings will give you company when you need one. That's all and enjoy your life here while I'm gone.

-Feitan, your loving Midget <3
____________

"I see..." I trailed off while wiping the tears that was threatening to fall from my eyes because I didn't want to see Shalnark seeing me cry.

 I don't want anyone to see me crying. It is a sign of weakness and if Feitan is going to be happy in New York, then all I have to do is to work hard as well.

"Well... that's good for him then but... he didn't even say goodbye." I said the last part sadly.

"Now now, let's not get sad here little sister. We still have a lots of things to  do right?" Shalnark ask and I gave him a confuse face.

-----Time skip-----

"Thank you very much Shalnark! It was really a fun day!" I waved goodbye as he drop me in front of my house.

As I open the door of my house, I realise that Shalnark hasn't move a bit on his spot. He was just staring at me with his usual smile on. 

"What's wrong?" I ask him and he shrug.

"Nothing, just making sure that you enter your house safely." He replied and I giggled.

Even though in my saddest days, Shalnark always manage to make me smile. Although he is nothing compare towards Feitan. Feitan is always there for me day and night and he would always know how to lighten up my mood. If we argue with each other, he would apologises immediately. I was really lucky to have someone like him and... I will really miss him

As soon as I turned on the light, I was startled by something exploding.

"SURPRISE!" 

"AAAAAAAAAAH!" I fell backwards and close my eyes, waiting for the impact of the floor.

But instead of feeling the hard ground, I fell into something soft. I opened my eyes and was met with the beautiful grey eyes that I've love.

"Falling for me again? I thought you were already in love with me. Am I that attractive to you?" He ask and I was so happy that I smash my lip into his.

I then heard people 'awing' and that's when I remember that there are other people with us. I immediately pulled away from the kiss and scan the room. Balloons, decorations and 'Happy Birthday Y/n!' was written from here to there.

"Happy Birthday Y/n!" Everyone said simultaneously.

My parents, Zoldyck's family and the Lucifer family were all here! One by one they all greeted me with a hug and presents that I need to put down since I cannot hold all of them. Then I blew my candle, opened each presents. 

"So how was the surprise party?" My mother ask.

"It's amazing mum! Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!" I said trying to hold back my tears.

"Actually, it was your lovely boyfriend who planned all this. He told us to pretend that we forgot about your birthday and then Shalnark will take you away from here while we do all the decorating." My father said while patting my head. "You are so lucky to have someone like him."

Yes I am! And I couldn't ask for someone even better!

"You don't even know how Feitan was panicking that he won't be able to finish everything in time!" Killua exclaim and I giggle.

At the time that he finish his sentence, my adorable boyfriend was standing beside him. He fake cough and Killua jump slightly.

"Anyways, the party is just getting started." Feitan took my hand and lead me outside of the house.

-----

IMPORTANT!!! PLEASE READ

Hey guys, I just created my Youtube channel so please like, subscribe and share my first post. I'm begging you pleaaaaase!!! The link is below and thank you very very very much!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xTeZ891EBo&t=20s