Chapter 33

"Machi, I want you to spy on Kayla and Pakunoda, you spy on Hisoka." Shalnark instructed and both of female the nods.

"Kalluto, I want you to hire guards and send them to Y/n's family, especially her brother." 

"Hai!"

A cough from Shizuku made Shalnark stop talking and everyone's attention was on Shizuku.

"S-sorry to i-interrupt, you may c-continue." Shizuku weakly said while also smiling weakly.

I gave her a confuse look before turning to everyone.

"Are you alright Shizuku?" I ask her and she weakly nod.

"The Morrow family have the only medicine to cure Shizuku's sickness and that's one more reason of how they can easily manipulate our father. That is why Shizuku doesn't want to take the Morrow's medicine anymore so she can at least save her father from them but... if Shizuku doesn't take the medicine, she will..." I clench my hand at what Shalnark just said and grit my teeth as I knew what Shalnark is about to say.

"They're monsters..." I muttered, hoping that no one would hear it.

"They're far worse than monsters." Shalnark growled while his cheery face turning into a scowl. "They need to pay for everything they have done."

Shalnark then turned to Shizuku and place a hand on her shoulders.

"Is it okay if you wait a little bit longer? I'm getting close getting ingredient for your medicine." Shalnark said softly and Shizuku tried smiling genuinely.

"Don't worry about me..." She trailed off then she look at me. "Worry about her."

Shalnark followed Shizuku's gaze and as soon as he saw me, he gave me a sad smile.

"Now do you have an answer on my question before?" He ask and at first I was confuse but then remembered what he ask me earlier.

"Well, just letting you know, how long will it take you to fight your love for Feitan?"

"Y/n, please fight for my big brother. You're the first person who have made him smile again and... I want to keep seeing him that way." Shizuku smiled and I returned her smile. "Please don't hurt his feelings."

I nod to her and raise my hand.

"That's a promise! I will never give up no matter what until we both get our happy ending." I made a vow and she nods.

"Thank you." I was shock at what she just said but didn't question any further.

"Alright Y/n, now that we know your family is safe and Hisoka have nothing against you, you can go back to Feitan and tell him everything right?" Shalnark ask me and I widen my eyes.

"Thank you Shalnark!" I exclaim while hugging him then running back upstairs to search for the man that I love.

The first place that I search was the library, but he wasn't there. I went to the pool, but there wasn't any sign of him. The garden, no and the last thing that I haven't check was the gazebo. As I was nearing the gazebo, I saw a familiar raven haired person and smile to myself that it was him.

I immediately ran towards him as I was happy that I can be with him again without being afraid to think that my family is in danger.

"Feitan!" I yelled and he shot up to look at me.

I didn't give him enough time to react as I jump at him, putting him into an embrace. I hug him as if I let go, he'll be gone. I felt him stiffen up before he relax. I separated when I didn't feel him hugging me so I look up.

"What's wrong?" I ask him as I see sadness in his eyes before it disappeared.

"What you doing here?" He ask and I was confuse at his reaction.

"I came here to apologise." I told him and his eyes widen for a second before returning back to normal.

"What's that?" He ask as he pointed to the bruise on my right cheek that Kayla gave to me earlier.

"Oh, this? It's... nothing." I said and he tried to touch it.

When I felt his touch, I flinch in pain and he immediately retrieve his hand.

"Did... Kayla gave you that?" I was shock at how he could have known it was Kayla who had cause it.

I haven't told him yet

"Y-yes but... I'm fine, I could manage. What's important now is that I'm not afraid-" I was cut off by him.

"Get out!" He yelled and I was shock at the tone of his voice.

"W-wha-" Once again, I was cut off when he raise his voice even more.

"I said get out! I don't want to see your face ever again!" I flinch at the volume of his voice, which he never used it to me before.

"W-what's wrong with you?" I cried as tears was now streaming down my face. "I made a mistake okay and that's why I'm here to apologise!"

"I don't care, just... leave!" He tried so hard trying to act angry but I saw right through it.

His voice may sound angry but his eyes shows it all. Sadness, disappointment, fear, hurt and regret was shown on his beautiful grey eyes.

"No!" This time, I raise the tone of my voice, making him shock. "I will not leave! I finally have the chance to tell you that I love you but you want to push me away?!"

I tried so hard to put out my words clearly without stuttering or crying. It was obvious that he was startled at what I just said. This was the right time to tell him.

It was now or never...