Chapter 20

"Alliance? I don't need one." I walk past him.

"But this is about winning Y/n's heart. You see, she was with Feitan earlier and I tell you this, I hate him so much that I want to humiliate him for embarrassing me so many times now. I just want revenge~"

I stop on my track as soon as he mentioned Y/n.

I look over my shoulder to make eye contact with him.

"I'm listening..."

Reader's POV

We are now at the garden, since that was my next chores, to clean the garden. It was way more beautiful there than the gazebo since it was full of flowers, but lots of weeds as well.

So here I am, with Feitan, taking the weeds out of the garden. It was quiet, no one was saying a thing but it wasn't an awkward silent though, it was more like a peaceful silent. We were just enjoying the breeze.

Then dinner came and as usual, Feitan was the one who prepared it and he said he was preparing steak with mash potato and a gravy.

"So where did you learn how to cook?" I ask him.

"Mother taught me." He answered.

Come to think of it, no one ever talks about their mother here.

"Where is she now?" I ask and as soon as the words came out of my mouth, he stop what he was doing and his eyes went wide.

Oh no, I think I've gotten too much about it. There's only one reason why he reacted like that... his mother is... dead.

"I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't be asking questions. It's not suppose to be my busine-" I was cut off.

"It's alright." He said then sigh.

The conversation turned into an awkward silent and I didn't intend to say another word.

"Done. Come on." He spoke and I nod, taking two plate at once.

We ate dinner then wash the dishes and finally to the library, since that was my last job for the day. Me and Feitan started picking up the books then another fun idea came in mind.

"Hey Feitan, do you know how to play Capture the flag?" I ask him and he shook his head.

After explaining him what to do, he finally gets it and we both have our territory where he use his scarf as his flag and he gave me an extra scarf that's the same one as the one he was wearing for my flag.

We went the opposite way and I set my flag up above the roof since there was a ladder, so he won't be able to see it immediately. I then moved the ladder away from it then counted the time down, which we gave five minutes for each other to set our flags.

When the five minute was up, I started traveling to his territory, slowly and quietly. When I got to where he might have set up his flag, I saw it immediately.

That's strange, it was too easy but... oh well.

I grab the flag and was about to ran back to my territory when someone or something trap me on the wall with their arms. I opened my eyes to see Feitan, without his scarf on of course, and he was staring deeply on my e/c eyes.

"Gotcha." He said and that's when I notice that he already had my flag.

"Cheater." I pouted.

"Me? Cheater? How so?"

"Well you're fast." He pinch the bridge of my nose then laugh.

"Slow bastard."

"I have name."

"Hmmm, yeah Maid Bastard."

We played for a few more rounds until it was finally home time but before I leave, Chrollo gave me my first salary for the day.

"Thank you very much sir!" I thanked him while hugging him and he chuckled.

"No problem." He said and after that, Feitan suggested to walk me home but Killua was already waiting for me at the gate.

"Bye Feitan! See you tomorrow!" I bid my farewell and he waved.

The guards close the gate as soon as I was already ten meters away from it.

"How was it?" Killua ask.

"It was alright. They all treated me well." I honestly replied but I didn't include Hisoka on the treating me well bit.

"I see." He said while staring way ahead.

"You alright?" I questioned and he looks at me.

"Yeah, I just miss you is all."

When I got home, I thanked Killua before he left then I went to my parents and gave them my first salary.

"Thanks sweetie." My mother smiled and I smiled as well.

I can't wait to work again tomorrow!

----Le Time skip (Three days later)----

It had been three days of me working at Chrollo's place and I had been much closer to Feitan than anyone else. My feelings for him grew but I haven't confess since I was still unsure if he will return it or not. In the meantime, we, I mean he, was now cooking dinner for everyone.

A lot had happen inside those three days, me and Feitan had been playing different type of games and getting to know each other. Though I haven't know anything about the 'Family business' stuff but who am I to complain when my place here is only being a maid?

I really want to know about it though but maybe one day.