"Are you trying to be a baby daddy again?" He asked, nudging my elbow with a boyish smile.

I sucked in a breath. "Also a heavy subject."

"Come on," he said, "you're a great dad. Adora will back you up on it. Ask her how good of a daddy you are to her-"

I gave him a good shove and he just laughed. "No, but seriously, San. The boys are getting older, and I know you love babies."

"If it does happen," I said, "it's in the very far future, just know that."

He just smiled a tight smile and patted the counter. "Whatever you say, boss."

~*~

Adora

I knocked on Santiago's large wooden doors, smiling as I leaned against it. He looked over at me and smiled. "Hey, baby."

"Hey," I greeted, inviting myself inside. He leaned back in his chair and I leaned against his desk, smiling down at him.

"Sit on my lap," he said, patting his thigh.

I wrapped an arm around his neck and sat down on his leg, sighing as I rested my head against his.

"You okay?" He asked, his thumb lightly stroking my leg.

"Mm hmm," I answered, watching the rain fall from his windows.

He smiled up at me. "The rain making you sleepy?"

I smiled down at him.

"I know the rain makes you sleepy," he said, "so yes, it is."

I smiled and raked a hand through his hair. "Yeah. I think I need a nap."

"Well why don't you go upstairs and take one?" He asked, his eyebrows in a furrow as he looked up at me.

I smiled and shook my head. "I can't take a nap without a cuddle buddy."

He just chuckled. "That's right."

I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Are you reading any new books?" I asked, my fingertips lightly brushing against his hardly exposed chest.

"No," he answered, "not at the moment."

I just pursed my lips together.

"Did you read the books I gave you?" He asked, his hand stroking my arm.

"No," I answered, bluntly.

He just pulled away, furrowed brows. "Why?"

I sighed, pulling my head away from his shoulder. "Same reason I couldn't do a lot of things," I said, standing up, walking around his office-library.

"And why is that?" He asked, leaned back in his chair casually, his hands folded in his lap.

I skimmed my fingertips along the spines of his books, looking over my shoulder at him. "Because they reminded me of you. I also didn't spend the twenty-five grand you gave me. It's still in the bank."

He just flexed his jaw muscle, his eyebrows furrowing. He just smiled and looked down.

"And here you had me thinking you got over me."

I just leaned against the bookshelves, folding my arms over my chest. "Maybe I wanted to believe that, but maybe it didn't ever really happen."

He just nodded, standing up. His slow, intimidating footsteps slowly made their way towards me.