The Doctor's Update

*Chapter 64: The Doctor's Update*

*Harry's POV*

*20 Minutes Later*

After Liam went running in, we all decided to wait in the car for a bit. We didn't know how to react to be completely honest with you. We all hung back and let the reality of the situation set in. But when we finally did decide to go in, we found the most heartbreaking scene inside the waiting room. Liam was sitting in the corner slumped over his knees, sobbing into his hands as Simon sat there rubbing his back. Tears were also rapidly falling down Simons face, but he was crying silently due to Liam's condition.

"I'm guessing we can't see her yet." Paul whispered as we stood at the waiting the room door, watching what was in front of us.

"I guess not." I replied.

After a moment, we finally made the executive decision to make our way into the room. We all sat around Simon and Liam. We didn't say anything. We didn't know what to say.  We're all a mess. Though Aubrey, Simon, and Liam are taking it harder than the rest of us. I can see why Aubrey is a mess. It's her best friend. I can see why she would be a mess. I can also see why Simon would be a mess. He's grown close to Aubrey since the day that they met. Yeah, I wasn't there the day that they met, but from the day that they came to get me, they were close and have grown closer since then. They almost have a father, daughter relationship. And then there's Liam. I mean I recently started getting suspicions that they started becoming a thing. Liam started opening up more to her and they were hanging out a lot more, but I didn't realize how serious it was. I can now see that Liam is in love with Ariel.

"Mr. Simon Cowell." A man in scrubs said, shaking me from my thoughts.

Simon looked up at, who I'm guessing is the doctor and replied.

"Yes." He replied, his voice shaky.

"Hi, I'm Doctor Smith, Ariel's doctor. Can I speak to you in private?" The doctor said.

My stomach suddenly dropped. Why does he want to speak to Simon in private?

Simon nodded and got out up and followed the doctor, leaving Liam alone, violently shaking in his seat as he sobbed. I got up and sat down next to Liam and put my arm around him. Liam immediately fell into me and continued to cry as he shook violently.

*Simon's POV*

*With the doctor*

Following the doctor, my mind was racing a thousand miles an hour. I didn't know what to expect. Once alone, the doctor turned to me and started to explain.

"So Ariel is out of surgery." Doctor Smith stated before pausing. I guess he was expecting me to say something, but I just nodded, too nervous to speak. After I said nothing the doctor continued.

"She's not awake just yet, but we believe that the surgery went well. But we won't know until she wakes up." Doctor Smith explained.

I nodded. Then I finally decided to speak.

"Can we go see here?" I asked shakily.

"Yes, but no more than two at a time." Doctor Smith replied.

I nodded and went back to the group.

"How is she?" Aubrey said with concern, immediately standing up when I entered the room.

I took a deep breath and started explaining, not looking anyone in the eye.

"She's out of surgery, but she's not awake yet. They believe that the surgery went well, but they won't know for sure until she wakes up." I explained.

"Well, can we go see her?" Louis asked impatiently.

"Only two of us can go in at a time." I told them.

"What? Why can't we all go in?" Louis complained.

"I don't know. But Liam and Aubrey are going in first." I said making the executive decision.

"And why do they get to go in first?" Louis complained, but I knew his complaint wasn't towards Aubrey. It was towards Liam and I have a feeling I knew what it was about. Just because things didn't work out between him and Ariel doesn't mean he can take it out on Liam just because they're in love.

"Because I said so." I said starting to get angry.

"But why?" Louis whined.

Seeing that I was getting angrier at Louis for is constant complaining. Paul stepped in and said something.

"Louis, no one is in the mood for your complaining. So why don't you just sit their quietly and wait your turn." Paul said as nice as can be.

Louis opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off by Paul.

"One more word and you're not going at all." Paul said and Louis immediately shut his mouth and sat back in his chair with a pout on his face and his arms crossed.

"Oh get over it." Paul said.

Turning my attention back towards Aubrey and Liam.

"You guys can go ahead. Take as much time as you need." I told them gently.

Aubrey nodded as she walked along side Liam who was visible hurting, which broke my heart even more. For the sake of Liam, I really hope Ariel is going to make it.