Midnight Chats

*Chapter 52: Midnight Chats*

*Liam's POV*

*The middle of the night*

It is a little past three in the morning and I still haven't fallen asleep yet. All I kept thinking about was the interview. I was too nervous to talk to anyone after the interview, so I just came back to the bus while everyone else went to lunch. I just went to my bunk straight to my bunk and stayed there for the rest of the night. I kind of felt bad that I just blew Simon off when he asked me to join him and Ariel, but as I said before, I was a bit nervous.

About a half an hour later, I still couldn't fall asleep, so I decided to get something to drink. But as I entered the front of the bus, I realized that someone was watching TV.

"Oh, sorry," I mumbled.

As I turned to go back to my bunk, they quickly spoke up.

"No, no it's fine. You can stay. I don't mind." He said.

I just nodded and went to the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water. As I was walking back to my bunk, I was stopped again.

"Do you sit and watch some TV?" He asked me.

I hesitated for a moment before shaking my head no. But as I started, once again, towards my bunk, I was met with some begging. Well, more like demanding.

"Liam James Payne, you will sit here with me and watch some TV. You have been in that bunk of yours all day." Paul demanded.

I just nodded and sat down next to him. As I sat there next to Paul, I started to think about the time we have spent together since we have been on this reunion tour. I started to think that we haven't spent much time together because I haven't really left my bunk these past couple of months. Then I started to think back to the first few weeks we were here and how I acted towards the others and how Paul treated me because of that. Then, all of the sudden, I had this sudden feeling like I had some how disappointed Paul somehow and that didn't sit right with me. I started to squirm nervously in my seat a little bit before I suddenly burst out into tears.

Paul just looked at me with surprise before he spoke up.

"Liam, what's wrong? Are you okay?" Paul asked me with concern.

I couldn't respond to him at first because I was crying too hard. But after a moment, I finally calmed down enough to talk.

"I am so sorry." I said through my tears.

"What? Sorry for what?" Paul asked in confusion.

"I'm sorry for disappointing you." I said, once again, through my tears.

"Disappointing me? How have you disappointed me?" Paul asked me, still in a state of confusion.

"Because of the way I acted at the beginning of the tour and how I have been acting throughout this entire trip." I said, still crying slightly.

"Liam James Payne, don't you even dare think I am disappointed in you because of the way you have been acting this entire tour, especially at the beginning." I said in a stern tone.

"But-" I started, but Paul interrupted.

"No buts. I may have been upset with the way you treated us at the beginning of the tour. And I may have been upset because you never came out to hang out with us, but that didn't mean I was disappointed in you. In fact, I feel the total opposite." Paul explained.

"You do?" I asked.

"Yeah, I do." Paul replied.

"But-" I started, but quickly got interrupted by Paul again.

"What did I say about the buts?" Paul said sternly.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

After a few moments of silence, I finally calmed down and stopped crying. Once I was ready, I spoke up again.

"I'm sorry for upsetting you." I mumbled.

"Liam, don't be sorry. I should be the one saying sorry for just ignoring you. That wasn't right." Paul replied.

"It's okay, you didn't know what was going on." I said.

"And that's exactly why I should be apologizing. Because I didn't know what was going on. And I should have. I knew something was off about you, but I should have done something about it, instead of making you go through that alone." Paul said with a slightly sad tone.

"Paul, it's okay. Even if you would have asked, I probably wouldn't have told you until I was ready." I replied.

"Why didn't you tell anyone?" Paul asked curiously.

"Because I went through it alone for a long time before you guys showed up and thought I could go through it alone while on the tour." I explained.

"You know you didn't have to go through it alone, right? You could have told us." Paul said.

"I know. I should have in the beginning. But I actually started opening up to Louis, Ariel, and Niall." I explained.

"I know that I should feel upset that you told those three before you told the rest of the world, let alone us. But it actually doesn't surprise me." Paul explained after a moment of thinking.

"Really?" I asked in confusion.

"Yup," Paul replied.

"How?" I asked.

"Over these past few weeks I started seeing a change." Paul said, which didn't really help me at all.

I think Paul sensed my confusion, so he elaborated a little better.

"Well,  I noticed that you, Louis, and Ariel hanging out a lot by your bunk. Then after awhile, you started hanging out in the front of the bus with the rest of us. I've even seen you laugh at a couple of things Aubrey had said. And then, after that huge fight with your parents, you and Niall had started growing close again. I started seeing the old you. The person you were before One Direction broke up three years ago." Paul explained.

I sat there in silence, letting Paul's words sink in.

"You really think I am becoming the person I was before we broke up?" I finally asked after a few moments of silence.

"Yeah, I do." Paul said before continuing. "You know you can talk to any of us, right?"

"Yeah." I reply.

After a couple more minutes of silence, Paul finally spoke up.

"Well, we should get to bed. It's pretty late." Paul said.

I just nodded and stood up. And as I started towards the back of the bus, Paul said asked me one last question.

"You know I'm proud of you, right?" Paul asked, making me smile slightly.

"Yeah, I know." I reply with a slight smile before returning to the bunk.

As I lay in my bunk, I couldn't help but think about the talk I had with Paul and how good it felt to clear things up. As I thought about this, my eyes grew heavier and before I knew it, I was asleep.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!

Sorry I haven't posted in awhile.

And sorry if you don't like the chapter. I didn't know what else to write.

Anyway, don't forget to comment and vote.

Thanks!