Lying to Aubrey

*Chapter 2: Lying to Aubrey*

*Ariel's POV*

"So, do you know where they are?" I asked Simon.

We've been sitting in his office for 15 minutes. In those 15 minutes I agreed to take on a project that I never saw coming.

"Nope," Simon replied, popping the 'p'. "They dropped off the face of the earth the day after their last concert."

"Do you know where they might have gone?" I asked.

"I overheard Louis talking about the States, but I don't know if he would move that far." Simon replied.

"It's possible. No one has seen all five of them in three years." I told him.

"You have a point." Simon replied.

"So, where do we look first?" I asked.

"We look in the States." Simon replied.

*Two Hours Later*

"The flight is all set for tonight at 7. Go home and pack up your things. I'll have a car pick you up at 5. I'll meet you there." Simon told me as I got up to leave.

"What do I tell Aubrey if I see her on the way out?" I asked.

"Tell her you took the job, and you have to go to America for a while. I can't risk her finding out. She admitted to being a huge fan and I want to keep this from as many fans as possible." Simon explained.

I just nodded in reply and left the office. As soon as I made it down the hallway near the elevators, Aubrey appeared out of nowhere and started asking me questions.

"What did he want to talk about? Was it a bad or good thing?" She asked and kept asking me questions that I couldn't truthfully answer.

"He just interviewed me and gave me a job." I lied.

"Oh my gosh, that's amazing! Now we can work together and we can car pool and everything." Aubrey kept going on and on about how working together will be amazing. If only she knew the truth, then she would have a different reaction.

"Actually, he has me working at his label in America. I'm going to be over there for awhile, then I'll probably come work here after that." I replied.

"That's okay, I can just ask him if I can be transferred over there." Aubrey said happily.

"I don't think that's a good idea." I told her.

"Oh sure it is. I'll be right back." Aubrey said. She started to walk down the hallway, towards Simon's office, but I grabbed her arm.

"Aubrey, he knew you were going to say that. He told me that he needs you to work from here." I lied.

"But I want to work with you. We're best friends. He shouldn't have separated us. He didn't even want you to come in with me before I told him that you were a One Direction fan also." Aubrey complained.

"I know. I promise I won't be gone long. But you have to promise me you won't follow me to America. I know you're creepy like that." I told her.

"Fine, I promise. But we should have a movie night before you leave." Aubrey replied.

"That's the thing, I leave tonight." I said before hopping on the elevator that was letting someone off on the floor, leaving Aubrey probably very angry.

Oh well, nothing I can do about it now. This is the first time in three years that I am actually excited about something. I really hope we find them in America.

*Aubrey's POV*

"That's the thing, I leave tonight." Ariel said quickly before hopping on the elevator.

Okay, something's definitely up and I am totally going to find out. I made my way over to Simon's office and lightly knocked on his door. I think he was leaving early or something because he was packing up his things.

"Sir, I'm sorry to bother you, but I was just wondering what you and Ariel were talking about?" I asked, hoping he would tell me something that was slightly off from Ariel's story.

"Didn't she tell you, I interviewed her and gave her the job. She leaves tonight for America, she's starting out at the American label." Simon explained.

"But why is she starting out there? I didn't even get a job there when you hired me." i asked curiously.

"All the slots here are full. But I do need more people in America. I'm actually going to America with her to show her the ropes. I bet she didn't tell you that." Simon said as he closed his brief case and started towards the door.

"You had someone else show me the ropes. You didn't even do that for me." I complained.

"Sorry Aubrey, it's nothing personal. I just thought she might like to run the label in America. That's all." Simon told me before leaving me in his office, angry at Ariel for getting a job better than mine. And angry at Simon for tricking me into getting her in here to 'talk' to her. I can't believe I fell for that.