Talks in the Park

*Chapter 55: Talks in the Park*

*Ariel's POV*

"Are you sure it's okay to go back now?" Aubrey asked me for the thousandth time as we walked up to the bus.

"Yes, I'm 100% sure. I got a text from Louis. He said that they were gone." I explained to her as I carried Amanda onto the bus with Aubrey following behind.

As we walked on the bus, Louis, Niall, Harry, Zayn, and Simon were sitting on the couch, watching TV.

"DADDY!" Amanda yelled in excitement once she spotted her father, causing everyone to look over in our direction. Once Niall laid eyes on his daughter is face immediately lit up,

"Hey princess!" Niall yelled from his seat.

Amanda started squirming in my arms, indicating that she wanted to be put down. And as soon as I put her down, she immediately ran into her fathers arms, in which he brought her in back, probably to put her down for a nap.

"How was the meeting?" Aubrey asked once Niall was in back.

"More importantly, how where's Liam and Paul?" I asked curiously.

At this point all five of them went back to watching TV. I hate when they do that.

"The meeting was intense.." Louis said, without talking his eyes off the TV.

"I told Paul to take a walk because the conversation was getting heated. That was an hour ago." Simon said, also keeping his eyes on the TV screen.

"Don't know where Liam is." Harry said.

"What do you mean you don't know where Liam is?" Aubrey asked with concern.

"Left shortly after the meeting." Zayn replied, without looking away from the TV screen.

"Aren't we leaving in like 10 minutes?" I asked.

"Yup." Simon replied, also not taking his eyes off the screen.

Really Simon? You too.

"Alright, you look for Paul, I'll look for Liam." I said to Aubrey.

"How come I have to find Paul?" Aubrey whined.

"Because, Liam trusts me more than he trusts you." I told her.

"What?" She said in disbelief.

"You two have like barely talked." I told her.

"Fine. Let's just find them quickly so we can leave. I'm over this place." Aubrey said.

"Hey guys, Aubrey and I are going to find Liam and Paul. We'll be back soon." I said, receiving zero response in return.

"Okay. Good talk." I said before Aubrey and I made our way off the bus, but not before we let the bus driver where we were going. We really don't feel like being left behind.

*30 Minutes Later*

So a half an hour ago Aubrey and I split up to find Liam and Paul. I don't know how Aubrey's doing, but I'm having no luck. I can't find him anywhere. I checked all the stores, restaurants, and parks, but he wasn't anywhere. Thinking that Liam had gone back to the bus, I start to make my way out of the last park. But as I make my way to the exit, I notice a trail leading to an opening in the trees on the other side of the park. Why didn't I notice that before? So instead of leaving the park, I decided to go over and check. As I walk through the opening in the trees, I realized that it was another section of the park. Except this was an open field surrounded by trees. As I scan the field quickly I didn't see anything. But as I scan again, I realized that there was someone sitting under a tree on the other side of the field. Not thinking anything of it, I decided that I would casually walk around the field. You know, make it look like I'm enjoying nature, when, in fact, I'm investigating. As I get closer to the person, I soon realize it's Liam.