Hanging with Liam

*Chapter 18: Hanging with Liam*

*Ariel's POV*

*Six hours later*

We are currently on our way to the nearest take out restaurant, all minding our own business. Louis and I were watching some random show on TV. Simon was currently on a conference call. Paul was texting someone. Niall was softly strumming his guitar while his daughter sleeps by his feet. Harry is sleeping on the floor on the other side of the room. And Liam is currently in his bunk, as usual.

"Hey guys, we're here." The driver said calling back to us.

Everyone got up to exit the bus, except for me.

"Hey, Ariel, are you coming?" Louis asked.

"Nah, I think I'm just going to stay here and watch some TV and hang out with Amanda." I replied.

"She's sleeping." He told me.

"And Niall ran off the bus to go get food. What happens if she wakes up?" I told him.

"True. Do you want anything?" Louis asked.

"Yeah, surprise me." I replied.

He just nodded and walked off the bus. Once he was off the bus, I picked up Amanda who stirred in her sleep and brought her back to Niall's bunk. As I was walking back to the TV room, I heard someone call my name and it definitely wasn't Amanda.

"Ariel, is that you?" I heard the voice call out.

I thought about ignoring him for a second, but then decided against it.

"What?" I asked in a rude tone.

"Nothing." He said.

I sighed and turned back around and opened his curtain. And when I did, I didn't expect to see him the way I did. He was curled up in a ball, his blankets all over the place, and his back was to me. But the sad thing was, I heard him sobbing, which broke my heart.

"Liam, what's wrong?" I asked with concern.

He didn't answer.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked him.

"Not really." He replied.

"Well, do you want a hug?" I asked.

"Yes please." He said politely, which surprised me a bit.

I quickly recovered from my shock before he replied.

"Well, what are you still doing laying up there? Get down here and give me a hug." I said to him.

It took him a second, but he eventually got up out of the bunk slowly. And when he turned to face me, my heart broke. His eyes are red and puffy and he had tear stains on his cheeks.

"Liam, please don't cry. You're going to make me cry." I whispered in his ear, which only made sob a little harder,

"I'm so sorry." He said to me.

"Sorry for what?" I quickly questioned, pulling away from the hug.

"For everything. For splitting on the band. For giving up on the fans when they needed me the most. I mean you were really upset for three years." Liam explained, speaking the most he has ever done since I have met him.

"Listen Liam, there's nothing to be sorry for. I understand how you felt when you split from the band. Like you said before, I was really upset for the last three years. Everyone has their own way with dealing with things. In this situation, yours was to pick up everything and move to Ireland, where no one knew where you were. Where you could mourn alone." I told him, which caused him to cry a little bit more.