Prepping for the Interview

*Chapter 47: Prepping for the Interview*

*Simon's POV*

Right now Paul, Liam, Louis, Zayn, Harry, and Niall are hanging out in the dressing room. I know what you're probably thinking. Niall had his own dressing room. Well he got ready for the interview in his dressing room, but Paul basically dragged him into our dressing room. There are things that I need to go over with the boys before we go on.

"Okay, boys, there are some things that I need to go over with you before we go out there." I stated.

"What's up?" Louis asked.

"So, as you know I am going out there first. So far they think that they are interviewing me. They think that I am debuting some surprise new band. But when the music starts and that divider comes up, you Louis, Liam, Niall, and Harry will be revealed." I explained.

"What about me?" Zayn asked.

"You didn't let me finish." I say.

"Sorry." Zayn mumbled and stayed quiet to let me finish.

"So, as I was saying, you Louis, Liam, Niall, and Harry will be revealed. As for you Zayn, you will be hidden. There is one spot in the song that I want you to come in on." I explained.

"Okay, before you go on, what song will we be singing? You know, so it's less confusing to as why you want Zayn to come in on a certain spot." Harry asked, interrupting me.

"You boys will be singing 'You & I'. And Zayn will be coming in on his high note." I replied.

"Wait, why am I coming in later in the song and not at the beginning?" Zayn asked with confusion.

"Because you left a few years before the boys officially split. So the fans will be expecting the four boys. They'll be wishing you were there for the reunion. But in reality you will be there for the reunion." I explained.

"Okay, that makes a lot more sense." Zayn replied.

"Simon, they're ready for you." Paul said as he came back into the room.

"When did you even leave?" I asked as the boys and I gave him a confused look.

"When you were in the middle of explaining everything to them. I wanted to know when you went on." Paul replied.

"Oh," Was all I responded with. 

As I got up and walked into the hallway, Liam got up and walked out behind me.

"Is everything okay?" I asked once we were in the hallway and the dressing room door was shut.

He nodded nervously.

"Is there something you wanted?" I asked, knowing that he wasn't going to speak to me.

"I was just wondering, if that after the boys and I perform, we're going to get interviewed." Liam asked nervously, leaving me a little surprised.

Liam has barely spoken to me since the reunion tour spoke. So I kind of thought he was going to shake his head 'no' and go back in the dressing room.

"Of course you guys will. The interviewer is going to be dying to ask you guys a whole bunch of questions. And the fans are going to be dying to hear of what you guys are going to say." I explained to him.

As I was replying to him, I could tell that he was a bit nervous. I have never seen Liam like this. I mean the Liam I remember, from before the boys split, was never like this. Actually, now that I am getting a good look at him, he looks tired, worn out, he looks very sad. I need to make a mental note to have a one-on-one talk with him later.

"Are you comfortable with speaking during the interview?" I asked him suddenly. I don't know if he's asking me about their portion of the interview because he was uncomfortable speaking.

"It's not that." He said in a soft tone.

"If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean?" I asked.

"Um, just something that I was thinking about telling the fans. It's no big deal." Liam said quickly before going back into the dressing room.

I know Liam said it was nothing, but it's definitely something. He wouldn't be so nervous for no reason.

"Mr. Cowell, we're ready for you on stage." The crew member told me, before getting escorted towards the stage.

"Everyone please help me welcome to the stage our special guest today, Mr. Simon Cowell." I heard the interviewer say as the crew member shoved a mic towards me and pushed me out on stage.

Well,  here goes nothing.