Twenty!!!!!!

It was dark now and I could see the moon was out.

“Savannah, can you pick up that moon grass now?” I asked her and she sighed and smiled after a while.

“Yep, they are in Madagascar.” She smiled triumphantly.

“Off we go then.” Damon said, we held hands and were there in a mili-second.

“Finally, we can finally get that moon grass.” Savannah said and grinned.

And there, right in front of us were the most beautiful, brightest and biggest grass I have ever seen in my life. They glowed a bright blue-white and I was hypnotized instantly and I think the rest was as well.

I went to the grass and reached out to touch them. As soon as I was within touching range the contracted and disappeared into the ground. Then I snapped out of the trans I was in.

“What just happened?” Storm asked, disoriented.

“I think that the grass has a consciousness.” I said and they looked at me like I was crazy.

“Think about it, they hypnotized us and shrank into the ground as soon as I tried to touch them.” I said and then they seemed to get.

“Wow! So how are we supposed to get it?” Storm said, quite irritated that she was hypnotized. I made a pair of glasses over my eyes to test a theory.

I looked at the ground and I could still see the brightness of the grass, it was just a bit fainter than the original colour.

“There they are.” I said and made glasses for everyone, pointed to the grass and smiled.

“Do you see?” I asked and they nodded.

“Well then, what are we waiting for?” Cam said and went forward to go and get them.

I stopped him with my arm and as my arm hit his chest I could feel all the muscles in his chest. They seemed to double in size and it sends a shudder down my spine. Then I looked at him and I saw his shoulders were broader as well. Not to even talk about his arms, which send another chill down my spine, this time it was of desire. But I knew I had to keep myself at rest otherwise, really bad things are going to happen.

“Not yet.” I said and he frowned.

“Why?” he asked and I could hear his voice was very husky and deep.

“Wait for them to come out again and then you snatch them.” I told him and he nodded.

So we waited for about five minutes and then I saw their ends.

“Slowly.” I cautioned him. He nodded and smiled, like a lion catching its prey.

When the grass were fully out Cam didn’t hesitate one instant, he snatched them and pulled them out of the ground.

“Yes, I got them.” Cam said and turned around to show them to the rest of the people.

I gasped when I saw a big large shadow standing behind him. He turned around slowly and gasped as well. This thing was at least four metres tall and three metres wide. It was black and looked like smoke. It had arms and legs and the outline of the shadow looked like a direst copy of Cam, except the shadow was larger and black.

“What is that?” Storm whispered and heard the terror in her voice.

“I think that the grass has some sort of protective mechanism. It makes the opposite of who they are dealing with. Remember, Cam is a good guy and this shadow looks exactly like him but only black.” Damon said and I could hear he wasn’t even certain it was true.

“So what do we do?” Thunder asked, horrified.

“We get the hell out of here.” He said and we all moved back a few feet, once we were in reaching distance of each other, we grabbed each other’s hands and Damon teleported us to a rainforest in the middle of nowhere.

“Are we clear?” Lex asked and Damon nodded.

“I think so.” He said and I gasped again. The shadow was there with us again and it was curled around Cam and grew bigger and bigger.  So that was how it was here with us and I guess the only way to get free from the shadow is to give back the grass. So what I did is I made a towel over the grass and made duplicates in my hand.

“Do you want this back?” I asked and it nodded. So I went forward and it held out its hand, I placed the grass in its hand and I saw it disappear.

“There we go. All done and dusted.” I said and smiled.

“Thank goodness it is done. All we have to do now is get some sleep.” Damon said, yawned, blinked a few times and stretched.

“Do you want to crash here for the night?” Savannah asked him.

“Yes. This is a very nice place.” He said and yawned again.

“How do you know?” Storm asked and he smiled.

“Because this is the place where I rescued Haven when she was attacked by the bear. There is nothing out here anymore.” He said and smiled.

“Speaking of Haven, shouldn’t you give her a call and update her of what all happened today?” I asked and he sighed and nodded.

“I guess I should call.” He said and I handed him a phone.

He dialled the palace number and it was immediately picked up by Earth.

“Hi, thank goodness you called. Haven is freaking out, she thought something bad happened to you.” I heard on the other end of the phone.

“Tell her not to worry, everything is fine. We just hit a couple of snags.” Damon said and I could hear that Haven just arrived at the phone.

“Damon, Damon are you alright!!?” she practically shouted into the phone. He chuckled and rolled his eyes.

“Yes, I am fine. Like I told Earth we just ran into a few snags.” He said coolly.

“WHAT!? SNAGS!!!!” she shouted and I heard him grid his teeth.

“Look I am going to put the phone on loudspeaker, Earth also wants to know.” She said more calmly.

“Fine. You do that.” Damon said and huffed.

“Okay, now tell us everything that happened.” Haven demanded.

“Where to start?” he thought.

“How about you start from this morning.” She said and I could hear there was a hint of curiousness in her voice besides the anger she felt at the moment.

“Well this morning we took a trip to the Sahara…” he began and I was too busy setting up camp to listen to their conversation.

I made the tents, the fire and the showers. After everything was done I made some juice for everyone to drink and I could feel the tiredness creep up to my eyes.

“Thank you.” Cam said behind me. I jumped lightly at the sound of his voice. I guess I was so in thought that I didn’t hear his approach.

“My pleasure.” I said and smiled. He kissed me on my neck and a chill ran down my spine. He wrapped his arms around my waist and gave me a tight hug. I snuggled up against him and kissed him on the jaw.

So after Cam and I were done with our juice I climbed into my tent and he climbed in his.

“Good night!!” I said and I knew everyone could hear me.

“Good night!!” came back from all sides and I yawned and closed my eyes. The last thing I heard was the sound of Damon’s voice as he talked to Haven and Earth.