Chapter 65: Metal Lee Part Two

Rock Lee's POV: 

When we entered the room it was like looking into a mirror of my past. I was constantly tormented and beat up by others because of my inability to perform ninjutsu or genjutsu. Seeing my own son treated the way I was infuriated me. No one had the right to treat my son like this, but then suddenly the conversation was turned on my darling wife. 

Metal's words were cruel and before I could stop him, he said too much and Sayuri left. I knew she was too strong to cry in front of him and upset him further. He was hurting and he wanted to hurt others like he was hurting. 

Lee: "That wasn't necessary Metal, you really hurt your mother's feelings."

Metal: "She doesn't understand what it's like dad! No one does!"

Lee: "I do though. You think your'e the only one who can't use ninjutsu and genjutsu but your'e wrong. I can't either, I know how you feel. Children used to beat me up too and call me weak but I never game up, I never let them get to me. Instead I resolved myself to become a strong and splendid ninja. Your'e a strong ninja Metal, your'e the only one who thinks otherwise. Your mother, me, Kakashi, Guy sensei, and all of our friends talk endlessly about your skill. The other kids are jealous because they are weak at taijutsu and you excel at it. If you want to be even stronger, then you have to continue to work at it. "

My words seemed to help calm him down, but it still wasn't enough. Right now I wanted Sayuri by my side more than ever. 

Metal: "Do you really mean that dad?"

Lee: "I do son."

Metal: "But mom still doesn't get it. She..." 

Lee: Your'e wrong, she does get it. Look, we never wanted you to know about this but..."

What am I doing what am I doing? She never wanted him to know about her past before she took off the mask. He never even knew that she wore a mask. Now here I was, telling him everything. I told him all about her past, how she struggled and how she had to train in secret because she was only destined to be some other man's concubine or trophy wife. How she was forced to kill her mother or be killed herself, everything, I told him it all. His eyes filled with tears anew and he sobbed into my chest. 

Metal: "Is all of that true daddy? Did she really have it so bad?"

Lee: "Yes Metal, she did. However she rose above her past and became the strong kunoichi and mother you've come to know and love." 

Metal: "And I hurt her feelings, I hurt her. Dad can we go to her? I have to apologize."

Lee: "Sure, let's go" 

I got up and went downstairs with Metal but Sayuri was nowhere to be found. She was gone. 

Sayuri's POV: 

It was dusk by the time I arrived at my destination and I quickly cleaned away my tears and knocked. The door opened and in the light was Udon, Metal's Sensei.

Udon: Mrs. Lee, is something the matter?"

Sayuri: "Yes, we have much to discuss."