Chapter 16: The Anbu Test part 5

Tsunade: In this next round you will be tested in your ninjutsu abilities, your opponent will be Kakashi Hatake.

A murmur ran through the crowd, she would face off against the copy ninja himself.

Sayuri's POV:
My prediction was correct, I was to fight the strongest ninjutsu weilder in the village. The man who wiped out the Pranja and was known as cold blooded. I stood in the center of the arena and looked towards him. He seemed bored with this situation. He stepped to the center of the ring and faced me. This would be an interesting battle.

Kakashi's POV:
I looked into her eyes as I stepped in the ring. In them I saw nothing but a life of pain and countless deaths. It was as though I were looking at an image of my past self, crying out for help silently. The unwashable blood, the unending nightmares and the injustice felt when looking at a smiling face. That was me, and now it was her. 'I want more than anything to defeat her in such a way that they will never consider her for anbu, so that I can save her from further pain.' She bowed to me and I returned the gesture and attacked.

Sayuri's POV:
Kakashi attacked with earth style headhunter jutsu. While the one who had bowed to me was nothing more than a lightning clone. However I used my adept hearing and learned before he attacked that the real one was underground and avoided the strike. The true Kakashi was forced to reveal himself and attacked utilizing the rasengan. I found this odd as I knew his trademark jutsu was Chidori, but I deflected the attack just the same and activated my own jutsu Lightning style, static shield jutsu. The crowd was in awe as a crackling blue barrier encased my body like armor.

Tsunade: Amazing, it's similar to the Susano. She must have been inspired by it.

No one's POV:
The others agreed with the hokage's analysis and were amazed by the similar fighting style between the two. Sayuri was untouchable with this shield and so Kakashi knew it was time to use his sharingan to get a leg up on the fight. He attacked at his top speed but each jutsu was stopped by her. It was as though she too had a sharingan and could predict his moves. He knew this wasn't the case though.

Kakashi:  You're predicting my movements, even though I have a sharingan. How?
Sayuri looked at him, her armor crackling. With a cool voice she replied
Sayuri: I can hear you, your heart beat, your breathing, your footsteps all give you away. I can also smell you.

As she uttered these words, Kakashi was blindsided by Hitsugi who now looked like a rugged man with long claws and fangs. It was a jutsu of the Inuzuka clan that Kiba often used on Akamaru, but with Hitsugi being a different gender than his master, he came out looking differently. Kakashi regained his composure and utilizing his sharingan, put Hitsugi under a genjutsu. That was when he heard Sayuri's voice above the crowd's murmurs.

  Sayuri: Lightning style Static needle jutsu

Needles that were electrified shot towards Kakashi, he easily avoided them and brushed off the attack as weak. However he fell right into her trap.

Sayuri: Summoning jutsu, brazen bull

Kakashi was incased in a metal device that he could feel heating up beneath him, he knew this was a torture chamber she utilized and if he didn't escape soon, he would be killed. The crowd was shocked by this device, even Ibiki admitted it was a cruel trap but knew its usefulness. Team Guy was speechless, Guy was praying to himself while Tenten couldn't bear to watch. Neji activated his byakugan and watched the scene unfold within. Lee looked only at Sayuri, she seemed a different person in the arena. She was a living weapon it seemed, and it hurt him to think that she had to use such jutsu when her medical abilities were so great.

The fire burned brightly beneath the metal beast and to top it off Sayuri sent electricity through it. It looked like Kakashi had lost when suddenly he burst through the bull using his Chidori and attacked her with his summons dogs which held her in place. With Hitsugi still under genjutsu and Sayuri held in place firmly, it appeared as though Kakashi was the winner, but then he collapsed to his knees too exhausted from overusing his sharingan to continue.

Lady Tsunade: The match is over! It is a tie!