Chapter 64: Metal Lee Part One

Several Years Later

Sayuri's POV: 

Our son and our love grew and grew and as the years went by it became obvious that our Metal was more like his father than  we previously thought. It made me love him all the more. Our baby was unable to perform ninjutsu or genjutsu but that never stopped him. Every day and every free moment he had he would train. I just knew that he was going to grow up to be a splendid ninja like his father. It never failed to make me smile watching the two of them enjoy my cooking while talking about how they were going to train that day or the next. 

One rare day when Lee was at home and not training I asked how he and Metal were going to train when he got home from school

Lee: "I'm not sure, something is different."

Sayuri: "I know what you mean, he's been so distant lately. I'm worried about him."

Hours passed and Metal was nowhere to be seen, Lee and I were about to head out and look for him Just then, I heard the door slide shut and his running footsteps. I jumped up as well as Lee, this wasn't normal for our boy. He always ran home to see us and not only was he late, he didn't explain why and was seeming to avoid us. 

I immediately went up after him with Lee close behind me. We made it just in time to see and hear his door slam. Lee knocked, I spoke. 

Sayuri: "Metal, baby are you okay?"

Metal: "GO AWAY! Just leave me alone." 

His words were choked and full of tears. I looked at Lee and he looked at me. He nodded and with that I opened his door. 

Metal: "No! Stay out! Leave me alone!"

As I opened the door my heart broke. His clothes were torn up, he was covered in cuts and bruises as well. This was much more than training injuries. He was crying his eyes out and Lee and I were by his side immediately. I healed his wounds and cuddled him with Lee. 

Metal: Ev...everyone hates me, and and I don't have any friends.

Sayuri: "Everyone doesn't hate you darling, they just don't understand you."

Lee: "Your mother is right."

Metal: "They make fun of me and beat me up because I can't use ninjutsu or genjutsu. I'll never be able to use it, so they will never stop."

Sayuri: "Sweetheart your'e....."

He interrupted

Metal:"I'm what!? I I'm perfect the way I am!? That's a lie, besides how would you know!? You have no idea what it's like to be me, you have no idea how it feels to be weak! You can use genjutsu, taijutsu and ninjutsu! You can heal people, your'e amazing and your'e just a reminder to everyone of everything I'm not!"

I couldn't handle his harsh words, he was right. I didn't know how he felt, but then he didn't know just how special he was to me. I had to step out, I couldn't let my son see me cry. I had to do something. I left immediately with tears streaming down my face. I needed to set this right and help my child.