Chapter 34: Truth

Kakashi's POV:

I tracked Lee down and eventually found him with Guy. The second he saw me, he became visibly nervous. He knew why I was there. Sayuri deserved answers and deserved happiness and he was the reason she wasn't happy.

Kakahi: "Lee, you have a lot of explaining to do. Mind telling me why Sayuri is broken hearted?"

Lee hung his head and explained what had happened. This still didn't take the blame from him though, he knew he should have told her about confessing to Sakura and told Sakura he no longer had feelings for her. Because he didn't, he hurt the very person he didn't want to.

Even Guy seemed disappointed and I didn't blame him. Lee was always honest and straightforward, but to conceal the truth is just as bad as lying outright.

Lee begged me to let him talk to her and I eventually agreed but told him I wasn't sure she would talk to him. He left immediately for my home. He should count himself lucky that I didn't thousand years of death him or worse.

Guy and I decided to make ourselves scarce and so he challenged me again. I wasn't much in the mood for it but anything was better than worrying the day away.

Lee's POV:

I rushed over to their home and knocked like one of our friend's would and not like my normal knock. I was probably the last person she wanted to see and I had to give myself every advantage in order to speak to her.

She didn't answer. Kakashi said she was at home and he had given me his key so it looked like I had to go to my last resort. I unlocked the door and went in the house. It was dim but not dark so I could still see. I subdued my chakra and did my best to imitate Kakashi's footsteps. I didn't want her leaving out of a window or getting away before I could talk to her.

My heart was pounding, I was more nervous than I had ever been in my life. She was the only one I wanted and I couldn't fail her, not again.

I made my way to her door and knocked like Kakashi would. There was no answer. The door was unlocked so I went in. She was nowhere to be seen. I sighed and plopped down on her bed. She wasn't here after all. I decided then that I would stay put until she returned. That was when I heard a sound coming from the other room.