Chapter 32: Peach Tree

Sayuri's POV:

I met Lee at the Peach tree that morning, I was excited for training before I went to work at the hospital. He looked so handsome in his green jumpsuit.

I smiled at him as I walked up.

"Good morning Lee!"

"Good morning Sayuri!"

"Let's head to the training grounds." I started to walk off when I felt his strong hand on my shoulder.

"Not yet Sayuri. I need to tell you something..."

I was confused, but I listened.

Rock Lee's POV:

This was my chance to tell her, it would be so much easier if she didn't look at me that way.

"Sayuri, I can't keep it a secret anymore. I love you with all of my youthful heart and I want nothing more than to give you my heart. Spending time with you has made me a better man, a better ninja, and I want to call you mine."

My heart was pounding, what would she say? She took my hand.

"Lee, I love you too. I want you to have my heart, because of you it is no longer in pieces. Because of you I have friends, a family, and I know what love is."

I smiled and had to hold back from crying, I took her by surprise and pulled her in for a passionate kiss. Peach blossoms fluttered in the wind around us as the sun rose. She melted into the kiss and so did I. I didn't want to come up for air, but eventually we did. We were both blushing.

I gave her a present, a pair of my leg warmers, and she immediately put them on. She then took her ninja head band and tied it around her waist. She was beautiful, I held her hand and we walked to the training grounds together. This was a dream come true, I finally knew what true happiness was.

Our training that morning was in sync, and Sayuri managed to perfect a new jutsu as a surprise for Kakashi

Our training that morning was in sync, and Sayuri managed to perfect a new jutsu as a surprise for Kakashi. I walked her to the hospital and we held hands all the way. She kissed me goodbye, and went off to work. I hung around for a bit, watching her work when Sakura walked up.

Sakura: "Oh Lee, don't tell me you're here to flirt again. Well make it quick, declare your love for me or whatever it is you want, I have work to do."

I stuttered to tell her that wasn't why I was there, but before I could, I realized that Sayuri was working within earshot. I saw Sayuri in my peripheral vision. Her eyes welled with tears and she ran away. I tried going after her but she went into surgery and I couldn't follow. She probably thought I didn't really love her and that I wanted to use her or something. Way to go Lee, I'm such an idiot! I never loved Sakura, I just thought I did and I didn't have the guts to tell Sakura that. If I had, then Sayuri wouldn't be upset.

Sakura: "Lee?"

Lee: "...I don't love you Sakura, I never did. I love Sayuri and because of what you just said, she may not think I do anymore. So thanks a lot."

I stormed out, angry at myself and Sakura, but more than anything I was upset. I wanted nothing more than to keep a smile on her beautiful face, and because I couldn't speak up I made her cry. I went to try and take my mind off it by training but I just kept thinking of her. I knew I couldn't do anything until her work was done, but I couldn't get my mind off the way she looked at me. I should have told her about my previous confession to Sakura. She would have understood, after all why would I want a cherry blossom when I could have a lovely peach blossom?