Chapter 31: Surprise

Kakashi's POV:

I felt bad for showing her the picture at first. I didn't expect her to cry, but after thinking about it I realized why. I pulled her into a hug and tried to calm her down. After she stopped crying, she summoned two chests. Then she explained what they were.

To be completely honest I was nervous. She opened a chest and I realized it was the one of her belongings. She handed me photos of her as a baby and as a child. I adored each image and asked if we could place them in our home. She smiled and said yes. Then she picked up a picture and hesitated, when she handed it to me I realized why. It was a picture of our mother holding Sayuri as a baby.

She was beautiful, she had the same hair and eyes as Sayuri and the sweetest smile. I touched the picture and wished more than anything that I had memories of her that weren't a blur. Then it was my turn to tear up. Sayuri ruffled my hair and smiled at me.

We were both timid about opening the other chest for the first time, but we had to know. We opened the chest and found a sealed envelope on top of everything. It's contents were heartbreaking.

"If you are reading this letter, that means I have failed in my mission. I sincerely hope that both of my children and husband can read this. That is correct Sayuri, you have a brother. My greatest regret in life is not being able to watch him grow into the fine young man I know he will be. Kakashi, if you are reading this, please forgive me my darling. I had no intention of abandoning you, however there was no other way. Your father was too well known in the ninja world so he couldn't be a spy. The village specifically wanted a kunoichi for this mission anyways. There were many other candidates for this job, but Lord Hokage selected me due to my secret jutsus. I tried refusing, but it was the feudal Lord of our land's wish and I couldn't disobey. Sayuri please understand that I didn't know I was pregnant when I left the village, otherwise they wouldn't have sent me. I love both of my children dearly and all I have done, I have done to protect you both. Sakumo my love, if you are reading this letter please forgive me. I wanted desperately to tell you of my mission but I was forbidden. It was eventually decided without my knowledge that while I was on my mission, they faked my death. I can't imagine the grief you went through, that our son went through. I know I have wronged you all and I am deeply sorry, I wish I could just take Sayuri and run home to the leaf village, but that is impossible. So instead I send my love to you all, forgive me my loves. - Love Mommy, AKA Aina Hatake"

We both looked at each other with tear filled eyes and wished that father could read what she wrote. We decided to look through the rest of the chest later, Sayuri and I were getting hungry anyways. She offered to cook, but I knew there were plans in motion. So instead I suggested we go out to eat, she agreed and we got ready to leave. Except Hitsugi who had fallen asleep on my bed. Along the way I read the make out series, big mistake...

Sayuri: "Elder brother what are you reading?"

I blushed and stuttered, but it was too late she grabbed the book and read the page I was on. Immediately her face turned bright red and she handed it back. Great, now she will think I'm a perv, way to go big bro.

We "decided" to go to Barbecue, little did she know that all of her friends, would be there. Including Guy and Tenzo. When we walked through the doors, everyone yelled surprise.

Sayuri: "Oh my goodness! What is all of this for? "

She took her place between Lee and I.

Lee: "We wanted to celebrate your rescue and retirement as an anbu. It was the least we could do."

Sayuri's POV:

Everyone was here, they all came to celebrate me, no one had ever done this for me. We began to cook and eat, it was a merry time.

Guy: "So what were the results Sayuri?"

Everyone looked at me and Kakashi expectantly. I looked at him and smiled.

Sayuri: "Well I am no longer Sayuri Kobayashi, it would seem that I am now Sayuri Hatake."

Cheers errupted from everyone, I smiled and laughed at this. That was when Lee took hold of my hand and held it, he smiled at me and I couldn't help but blush. Everyone else was too busy talking about what us being siblings meant now to notice the two of us.

Lee: "You're beautiful Sayuri. I like your new outfit, it seems that green is your color."

I blushed, green could be our color. If only he returned my feelings.

Lee: "Meet me at the peach tree in the morning for training?"

I told him I would love to, even though I knew Lady Tsunade would disapprove of training so soon.

Finally the meal ended and we all returned home, elder brother held my hand all the way. I slept peacefully that night, I was finally home.