Chapter 12

*Tate's Pov*

I spotted Jacky sprinting down the hallway. Her eyes where wide in terror, and her face was flushed like she had been running a full blown sprint for miles on end.. I tried to talk to her, but when I finally cornered her, she looked like a wild animal caught in a trap.Her eyes where hollow, and a rash started to break out on her face.  I didn't know what had spooked Jacky so much, but I knew she would be in it with Lee today. 

The girl who was always seen with Lee, told me Lee was nothing short of pissed, and was going to give Jacky the beating of a lifetime.  I couldn't believe Lee was going through someone else to get to me, to try to get at Jacky. I didn't know what Lee's problem was, but it had to stop today. 

I jogged down the hallway. Lee's clone had held me up in the hallway two minutes before the late bell was about to ring. I pushed open the class room door and scanned the class room for Jacky. I spotted her sitting in the back, close to the corner. I notice Jaz was sitting with a group of boy's on the opposite side. I slid into the seat in front of Jaz and turned spun around in my seat. 

"What's up with Jacky." Jaz's eyes to have a sad glow to them.

"I don't know, I tried to talk to her this morning. She looked like she had seen someone get shot, I asked her if you two broke up, and what she said to me-" I could tell Jaz was choking back tears.

"What did she say?" Jacky was never one to be mean. Jaz has been Jacky's best friend for a long as long as anyone can remember, so for Jacky to make Jaz cry, meant something changed in her.

Jaz shook her head sending wave of light locks of hair into her face. I placed my hands on her and spoke slowly. " What did she say to you?" My voiced trembled.

Jaz stared into my eyes, and I could feel it, the Jacky we once knew and loved was not the person sitting across the room. " After I asked her if you two broke up-" Jaz took in a long breath " She gave me this type of life less stare. Then she told me she never wanted to speak to me again. She called me a back stabbing whore, who caused her nothing but pain and misery in her life and it was my fault that she is the way she is." Tears started to fall from her eyes. " She was yelling at me, she even backed me into the lockers. I thought she was going to hit me. Tate." She looked deeply into my face. " Who ever screamed at me in the hallway, was not Jacky. It was someone much colder and much more evil."

*Jacky's Pov*

I couldn't stop my fingers from shaking. I had just screamed at my best friend in the hallway, for something that wasn't her fault. Granted I was still angry about what she did to me in gym, but the rage that was directed at her, wasn't for her. I didn't know why I blew up like that, I had never been the one to blow up on a person. But what I did to Jaz was not me. It was someone else, trapped inside my body.

"Miss Ryder, you're late." The teacher spoke in a weasley tone. I pulled my eyes off the desk to see who had walked in, and felt ice cold fear  run through my veins.

"Sorry." Lee mumbled. Her purple hair was sloppy around her ears, and her eyes where casted to the floor. A long bruise ran around her neck, like she tried to hang herself.

"Just take a seat in the back next to Jacky." No, no,no, not next to me anywhere but next to me.

Lee gave a annoyed sigh and slid into the desk next to me. She turned her head down and away from me. What I thought was a small bruise was much more bigger up close. A thick blue and purple scar wrapped around her snake like a twisted snake. Lee did try to kill herself, and it was once again my fault. I let my eyes scan over her body for the first time. Lee was wearing a stained long jacket that had dried blood around the cuffs. Her jeans where dirty, and had holes running down the legs.

"Stop staring at me." She mumbled. I flinched, expecting her to say something much more cruel. 

"You gonna call me Lesbian Lee again? How about freak or loser? You gonna tell me to kill myself too like Jaz did?" Why would Jaz say such a awful thing? I understood what Lee had said to Jaz was why out of line, but Jaz has no right to tell someone to end their lives, just cause she was pissed.

Lee rubbed her arm roughly, and gave a sad sigh. " Jacky, can I ask you something?" Something in Lee's voice made my blood run cold. 

"Sure." My voice was steady quivering. I was afraid of what she might ask me.  Lee rubbed her wrist again, this time fresh blood stained the fabric. 

"Dammit." She whispered. I tried to cast my eyes away from her, but something inside me held them on her wrist.

"You have such a perfect life. A great boyfriend, a best friend who adores you, and a mother and father who would give everything for you. You're smart, and a great at track. But then their me, always alone, no friends, and a family who don't care what happens to me." She gave a forced laugh.

"That's not a question." I sneered.

Without missing a beat, Lee continued to talk, like I wasn't even there anymore. " All my life I've wished I could switch lives with you. Just for one day, and know what it feel like to feel love." I started growing angry with Lee. She knew nothing about my life, so who was she to say it was perfect? I clenched my fist into a tight ball.

I open my mouth to say something, but her words caught me off guard. " So why do you see the need to starve yourself?" I panicked and stood to shaky feet.  My eyes darted around the room another desk. Lee was trying to hurt me, get under my skin and watch me suffer. I spotted Tate in the crowd of students around Jaz's desk. I felt my heart hit my feet. Tate was holding Jaz in his arms.

I couldn't stop the tears that started falling from my eyes. It felt like everything was moving in slow motion around me. I stood in front of Jaz's desk, as she pulled away from Tate.

"Jacky." His voice was low.

I raised my hand and felt it connect with Jaz's face. I could feel the sting of the blow on the palm of my hand.

"Best friends? You such a liar! I've forgiven you for a lot of things Jaz, but this?" She quickly got to her feet.

Hit her again Jacky. 

"I promise it's not what it looks like!" She held a single hand on her face. 

HIT HER! Show her you won't let her walk over you anymore! You want to be beautiful and strong right? HIT HER NOW!

"SHUT UP!" I screamed. I roughly shoved her into the desk behind her. Unable to regain her footing, Jaz fell onto the desk behind her. The whole classroom grew silent, and turned and stared at us. 

I was trembling all over. I had just hit my best friend, the girl who was my only friend for the longest time. But the thing that scared me the most, is I wanted to hit her, I wanted her to feel my pain. I rubbed my hands on the hem of my jeans, leaving a trail of blood down the side,I had tore open my stitches.

" Miss Reed come with me." The teacher wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me away. Tate let Jaz lean on him as she stumbled to shaky feet.  It felt like someone had ripped my heart clean right out of my chest.

I told you, Tate doesn't want to be with a fat girl.