Chapter 34 - Blaire

Tonight, was the night.  It would be official.  I will be the Beta of the Haiti Pack along side Ben.  Penny and I have been having a girls day.  With a long, firm, breath-taking kiss this morning Ben reluctantly said good bye to me and Penny so that we could go buy some stuff for tonight.  We were having a gathering of the pack to officially introduce Chase and Penny to the them as their new leaders.  Ben and I would also get introduced. 

Penny hoped into her car, a subtle truck, nothing too fancy and took off.  The ride into town was beautiful.  We passed through our packs territory, up one hill and back down into the town.  It is a quaint town.  Filled with farmers and small business owners.  Our first stop was to a thrift store.  The bell rung as we walked through the door and the room was filled with all sorts of smells with a layer of laundry detergent over top of them.  Penny and I walked through the eyes scanning through the clothes for something formal to wear. 

Penny and I talked the whole time from choosing a couple option to trying them on.  We laughed and joked about this funny jacket that seemed as though couldn’t figure out what colour it wanted to be and to the movies we have seen, quoting our favourite lines and.

I decided on some three quarter black pants and an army green long sleeve.  Penny found a tight skirt that came to her knees and a flowy top in which she tucked into the skirt. We were just about to walk out when penny grabbed my arm causing me to spin around. 

“Oh, my goodness, what?!” I exclaim frowning at her. 

“You need to get this” She states.  I look to where her hand has separated the clothes in the rack revealing a leather jacket.  It was old.  A few hems were loose and a couple buttons were missing.  A few scuff marks here and there but the integrity if the jacket look good and resilient.  I loved it. 

We got the counter with all of our new clothes and payed.  After that store we went to get me some shoes.  After a couple minutes I decided on some heels, figured I should at least attempt to match Bens height.

We got a coffee and then headed home.   I couldn’t see Ben anywhere so left his coffee in his room on the drawers.  I saw his suite hanging up.  A black top with grey pants, a simple black tie was hanging there too.  I stood for a moment staring at it before leaving to get ready. 

After my shower and putting on all of my lotions and creams I wrapped a robe and around me and walked out into my room where my desk was set up.  A couple of my makeup things were already there so I got started with putting it on.  Penny came in a couple minutes later.  She had already finished getting changed and putting her make up on, she was however much faster than me at applying makeup.  We still had 30 more minutes so she sat on my bed talking to my while I finished up and got changed. 

I stood in front of the mirror for one last check before we went down.  My hair was in a tight high pony and my jacket rested on my shoulders, the fur from the hood tickling my cheeks.  Smoothing my top and repositioning my knife further to the side ofnmy hip I decided I was ready to go.  I joined Penny and we hurried down the stairs and outside where chairs, tables and cutlery were getting put out.  Penny and I jumped in and helped.  The sun began to set and everyone started to arrive. 

Bens parents showed up with a couple others they spotted me and gave me a wave.  I returned it with a smile and they came over. 

“Hello Blaire, oh wow you look beautiful” Said bens mom.  I thanked her while she gave me a hug.  I then shook Bens dads hand. 

“Nice to see you again Blaire.”  I nodded in response.

The party was in full swing now, loud chatter filled the open area in the lawn.  I smiled enjoying the scene, people dancing joyfully around with each other.  It wasn’t until a hand landed firmly on my back and that familiar tingling kiss landed on my check that my smile turned in a grin. 

“Sorry I am late and ...” Ben said and he looked down at me holding me and arms lengths by my shoulders.  “I like this jacket”

My smile broadened, “thank you”.  Pulling him towards me I gave him a cuddle and quickly kissing him behind the ear before slipping my hand in his and leading him out into the dance flour with his eyes quickly opening. 

Our dorky dancing fit in well with every bodies else’s.  He spun me a couple times, giving me a cheeky dip at one point.  It was a good time.  Snacks and drinks were being handed around and after a while I couldn’t resist any longer.  I pointed towards the drinks and snacks and Ben placed his hands on my shoulders once again and leading me out through the crowd.  I smiled and grabbed two drinks from one guy holding a tray, the man was holding, he took off the lids with his bottle opener and I thanked him turning around and giving one too ben.  He was sat down at a table so I pulled up a seat next to him.  He looked down at the drink I gave him and chuckled. 

“This is beer you know” He smiled at me eyeing me from the corner of his eye.  I looked down at the bottle and sure enough it had the words pale ale written clearly on the label.  I brought it up to my mouth and gave it a small sip.  It burned my tonged so my face puckered up. 

“not a fan?” Ben chuckled taking a swig from his.  I frowned and looked back at my drink.  I took a swig like him.  Still nasty.  I took another and this time it seemed okay.  One more sip and it wad alright.   The more I drank the lighter I felt.  Giggling more often at the dancing crowd in front of us.  Happy. 

Ben and I laughed and talked for hours.  He explained his day, meetings and final preparation for tonight. 

We were talking for a while before the music turned down and the mic got tapped by someone.  Everyone looked up to see The Alpha standing in front.  It was time...

********************
Hey guys.  Sorry for the long wait.  Hope you like this chapter.

Let me know what you think, what you like, dislike, hate, love or any other comments you have. 

Until next time.