Chapter 30 - Blaire

My laugh filled the room, I shot my hand up to cover my mouth so I wouldnt be so loud but it was to no avail.  A soft chuckle beside me came from Ben as his cheeks were still a little red.  We both have been awake for 30 minutes now just talking, it started off hesitant but very quickly became more comfortable.  He had told me about his Mum and Dad who I remember meeting briefly before and how they would very much like to meet me properly.  He was an only child but considered Chase and Penny his siblings.  He told me about his childhood and growing up here, he paused for a bit glancing at me but I was very interested in this.  I know he was trying protect my feelings and he didn’t want to seem inconsiderate but he wasn’t, I love hearing about his life.

He had just finished telling me a story about when he was in high school and had to cut open a cows eyeball.  They were learning about the eye and lenses.  Right when he cut through the muscle surrounding the eye the black liquid inside squirted out right into Chases mouth.  

“Thats disgusting” I wheezed through laughs. 

Ben nodded in agreement, “Honestly I was so glad it got him and not me.....is that messed up?  I would take a bullet for that guy but I wouldn’t do that.”  He finished with a crooked smile.

After our laughter died down he looked out the window to see the sun flickering through the shades.  “Want to go get some breakfast” He asks.  I nod and we slid out of bed, my legs now uncovered by thick blankets rise with goose bumps.  I grab the throw from the bed and drape it over my shoulders.  I give the room a quick tidy, throwing the pillows back on the bed and straightening the duvet before walking over to stand next to Ben who is waiting with his hand on the handle.  Looking around the room once more to make sure everything is in order I turn and face the door.  Ben looks at me with a grin.  “Ready?” He asks mockingly.  I smile back and nod with enthusiasm.  He opens the door and leads the way downstairs. 

We decide on cereal I grab the milk while he grabs the cereal from the top shelf.  I grab the spoons and he grabs the bowls.  Arranging the bowls side by side, I then lift up the box of cereal and shake the contents into each bowl.  The bowls are of equal amounts but I frown at this then look up at ben who is looking at his own bowl.  I look back down and shake a bit more in, then a bit more and a bit more until a smile forms on his face and he happily slides it closer.  He grabs the milk and tops them off,  Handing me my spoon I plop my self down on the seat and he comes and sits down next to me. 

We don’t say much, both just fully invested in our breakfast.  Every now and then he will give my a quick kiss on the forehead and I will lean into his side.  After breakfast we put everything away and put our dishes in the dish washer   he rinses them and I find a place for them in the dishwasher. 

“So...”  He starts.  “Do you want to try out your wolf again?” He asks.  I look up at him excitedly and nod my head.  We make our way outside just in front of the tree line.  His hand in mine leading the way.  “Okay so you might want to get unchanged before you shift so you don’t rip your clothes.  You can go behind the tree over there” Ben says pointing to a tree with some shrubbery around it making a nice little concealed place for me to take off my clothes. 

“I will be right here if you need any help with transforming,  it is just like going from wolf to human, imagine yourself as a wolf and you will feel the heat and then next thing you know your on all fours.”

I nod and scurry behind the tree.  I fold the blanket down on the ground and place my clothes one by one on top of it as I take them off.  There stark naked behind a tree I close my eyes and imagine myself as the grey spotted wolf I saw in my reflection earlier today and just like before felt a rush of heat coarse through my body except this time significantly less painful.  I open my eyes to see my big noes in front of my face and look down to see my paws on the ground.  I come out and into view of Ben.  He looks at me with a grin.  “Good” He says and then proceeds to take off his top and throw it behind him next to another tree.  Just before he pulls down his pants I quickly snap out of gazing at his body and spin around to give him some privacy.  I hear him laugh and then a thud and then a big chocolate brown wolf trots up beside me and gently nudges me. 

He has a great wolf.  The perfect dark chocolate brown and his big brown eyes.  He takes a couple strides in front of me and beckons me to join him.  I catch up and we walk through the forest taking it slow.  I am still getting used to using four legs instead of two.

We spend the next couple of hours in the forest he shows me this great waterfall attached to a river that winds all around their territory.  We have a drink there and continue walking.  Our walking turns into jogging as I begin to get the hang of it.  We spot a couple other wolfs here and there, we give them a friendly nod before continuing on.  Each time Ben would look at me and then look at them and sniff.  I understood what he meant.  The all smelt different but each had a similar part of their scent that smelt the same.  I think that means that they are all apart of the Haiti pack. 

Eventually we find ourselves back where we started.  I go behind my tree and imagine my self as human.  The familiar crack of bones and I am back as a human.  I quickly put on my clothes and rewrap the blanket around me and come out to see Ben all ready standing there fully dressed.

“That was fast” I remark.  He laughs.

“Thank you, after a while you don’t even have to imagine yourself as a human... just tell yourself to change and you do”  He says while wrapping his arm over my shoulder and sighs.  “Yea... stick with me kid, you’ll get there one day” He says in a mocking tone.  I let out a laugh and push him off me.

He laughs too “Hey hey alright settle down no need for violence” He says with his hands up. 

“Oh is that so...” I state and give him another gentle shove.

“what was that for?” He says grinning.

“what you gunna do about it Benjamin”  I joke back while puffing my chest out and sizing him up.

He laughs at me and carries on walking back up to the house.  I laugh and catch up to him

“Not so tough now huh” I mutter with a smile on my face. 

We continue this banter back up to house where Chase and Penny are having lunch outside.  We go inside and make ourselves a couple of sandwiches before joining them outside.  I sit next to Penny.  We all talk and joke and enjoy the sunshine.

********************

Hi guys.  So sorry it took me so long to update.

I hope you liked the chapter.  How do you like the Ben and Blaire dynamic? 

Until next time...