Chapter 23 - Ben

So... I am going to teach Blaire how to fight.

I am in the gym standing next to the weapons wall. I figured I should probably give her a knife and teach her how to use it. With her being so small I doubt she will ever win a fight with force so I need to teach her how to be agile and quick. I will teach her where the most effective ways to pierce and kill someone are, and how to dodge their attacks. I guess being so small has its advantages, smaller target.

I huff and back away from the weapons wall. What am I doing. The thought of her getting into a fight makes my blood boil. I just want to lock her in a tower, keep her away from any danger. I know she is right though. Of course, she needs to learn how to defend herself, I mean that pack of rouges has already tried to get into the house, what makes me think they won't try again and this time I might not be so lucky.

I run my hands over my face and walk back to the wall. I look over at the knife section. We have all sorts here, I pick up a couple, feeling the weight, giving them a swing, trying to decide which would be the best for Blaire. I finally decide on a butterfly knife, it is small and compact that she can carry it with her always, the blades are covered but can easily be revealed with a flick of the wrist.

Blaire said that she would meet me here after she had breakfast and got changed. She went to go see Penny because she currently doesn't have any workout clothes.

I hear a soft knock on the door and I turn around to see Blaire standing in the doorway. Her hair is tied up in a ponytail and she has a baggy graphic t-shirt on with some black leggings. I look down at her and swallow the lump in my throat.

"Alright, ready to begin."

***

It has been 2 hours. Blaire has been really focused. I explained to her about the knife and showed to how to hold it and open it. She got the hang of that quickly.  I then explained to her all the spots that would inflict the most damage. Next, we did about an hour of hand to hand combat. I showed her how to get out a choke hold and other various techniques she could do.

It started off a little awkward. I didn't know how much I could touch her, I didn't want to induce another panic attack but the weird thing was she seems to be calmer.  I would gently hold her wrist and bring the knife up to my throat and show her the exact spot to peirce.  He face had the cutest little frown on it.  really trying her best to obsorb all of this knowledge.  I would show her a couple times and then see if she could do it herself.   

Right now, she is doing a small set of strength work outs I gave her. Some push ups, sit ups, weights so on and so forth. I do them alongside her. I am really proud of her. I keep a close eye on her, making sure she doesn't get to tired but she seems to be going good, every time I ask if she needs a break she says no and continues to push herself.

Blaire sets the dumbbell down on the floor and flops down on the ground. I show her some stretches to do to warm down.

"So, how was that?" I ask.

"Good" She says holding her knee to her chest. She is taking big breaths and I see sweat forming on her forehead.

"Was it too hard? Because we can ease up if you want." I say looking over at her as she switches legs.

"No, that was good.... Thank you" She says looking over at me. I look back into her eyes. God damn I am in love with this woman.

***

For the next 2 weeks, every day we were down at the gym. She even started going for runs with me in the morning. Each day we ran further and further. We are now spending 5 hours in the gym and it is really paying off. She is such a fast learner too, she is now comfortable with the knifel.  She carrys it around with her all the time and I see her walking around the house flicking it open and close.

I'm not going to say it is easy working out with her, having her so close to me all the time in clothes that leave not much to the imagination.  However it is worth it.  Just knowing that she isnt just a sitting duck any more is comforting, also seeing her light up when she finally gets something is all the convincing I need to keep doing this.

Multiple times I have found myself on the floor on top of her or her on top of me, straddling my waist. Although there isnt a position in the world that I would rather be in I quickly get out of it and walk to the other side of the room to get water, my face usually beet red as I take sips trying to cool myself down. My wolf, again, does not help.

She has slept in my bed a couple more times, it hasn't become a regular thing yet. Only when her anxiety is really bad. I lay in bed every night listening carefully for that quiet knock on my door. I don't sleep well on the days I don't hear the knock, but on the days I do hear it I fall asleep so fast. She always waits for me to say come in and then walks quietly over to her side of the bed. I pull back the sheets for her and she slides in. She thanks me and I say goodnight. Than in the morning I always seem to find ourselves all tangled together. I do my best each morning to untangle without waking her.

Although some mornings I selfishly stay snuggled up together for an extra couple of minutes.

********************

Hey guys, I am very sorry for the long wait. I suck.

Hope you like the chapter. More coming soon.

Until next time.