Chapter 26 -- To The Undergrounds, clumpnugget

Start from the beginning

Chills race down my spine. Not Shadow Solider. Anyone but him. I'm still having nightmares.

I stumble out of the car, "I have to go alone, or who knows what the consequences will be," I sigh and close my eyes, "I'll be okay." I shut the door to mom's dark blue Nissan Altima.

I'll be okay. I tell myself over and over again. What if the worst case scenario happens and I have to fight? Sure, I can do hand to hand combat, but I'll easily be defeated if the other person has powers. Who knows how much time I have left before my powers are gone?

My feet have somehow brought me to Sophia's doorstep. One exterior porch light shines down on the Welcome mat. I don't know how I didn't fall down on the sidewalk at all, but I'm glad I'm here unscathed. Well, glad I'm unscathed, not here. I'd rather be unscathed at home in my pajamas eating ice cream and watching Netflix.

Oh my gosh Della. Focus.

I raise my hand to knock on the door, but it swings open before I can. My eyebrows shoot up in surprise. It's actually Sophia. It could still be a trick, be careful.

"You're late." Her blonde hair cascades over her shoulder, tangle free, her pajamas don't have a single wrinkle, and her skin is tan and glowing. I grit my teeth in anger. I look like a freaking mess in comparison.

Della. We talked about this. You're strong and brave and you've got bruises because of it. Own the dirt on your face and the rats nest you call hair.

"Late?" I ask, crossing my arms over my chest defensively.

She huffs and leans her weight on her right foot. "It's 12:02. We don't have time to waste, Della." She rolls her eyes and pulls me inside before I can object.

I have come to the conclusion that there will, in fact, be a murder tonight. It's going to be Sophia's.

She rushes up the staircase, and I find it hard to not trip over my feet as I try to keep up. I remember running down these steps when I was here last time. The time I found Red Raven's mask and suit in her house, and heard that she was dating Mickey. I should've put the pieces together right then and there. Then again, I never imagined Red Raven was two different guys.

A lot of things have happened since I was last here. 

"What exactly am I here for?" I question in a whisper. It's quite obvious we're sneaking around for a reason, and midnight is the perfect time to do such a thing. But why would she have me meet at her house instead of sneaking out to meet me in a more secluded area?

Probably because she knew I wouldn't come to that sort of location.

I really don't know why I came to this location, in all honesty.

"Shh!" She hisses at me as we make our way to her room. I'm utterly confused. If she's going to murder me, can she do it already?

Once I enter her room, she closes the door softly and turns to face me. I cross my arms over my chest.

"Well?" I ask impatiently. Sophia rolls her eyes.

"I hate to be the bearer of bad news," Sophia starts pacing across the champagne colored carpet.

"I highly doubt you hate it," I mutter.

She blinks a few times before looking at me with an exasperated expression. "Can I finish?"

I stare back at her blankly in response.

She sighs, "You're losing your powers. I don't know when or-"

I laugh at her, "Please, tell me something I don't know."

She seems surprised that it's already taken effect. I shake my head at her.