#4. The Elevator » Hayden "Harvard Hottie"

I pulled the huge and ever so heavy box into my new apartment building and to the elevator. I hit the button to my floor with my elbow and sighed in relief as I placed the box on the floor of the elevator and gave my tired arms a rest.

The elevator doors were about to close when someone called, "Hold the elevator!"

I grabbed the door to open it again. A cute, tall, dirty blonde haired boy quickly slide through the half closed elevator doors. I let go, allowing the doors to close.

"Thank you," the cute boy said.

"No problem," I said. "Which floor?"

"11th."

"Just above mine."

"Small world."

I giggled and hit the button. The elevator began to move up. I noticed my big ass box was sitting right in the middle of the floor. I awkwardly struggle to grab the bottom of the box to pick it up and leave some room of the cute boy.

"Here, I'll get it," he offered and picked up the box. "New here?"

"Yeah. Just moving in. My names (Y/N), by the way."

"Hayden," he replied. "And I'm not new here. I've lived here for a while."

"Cool. So maybe you could help me out and stuff."

"I'd love to."

I smiled at Hayden. What a hottie. The elevator came up to my floor and opened. I helped Hayden with the box and to my door. I unlocked the door and held it open so that Hayden could bring the box in. He dropped it on the floor and looked around.

"Huh," he said.

"What?" I asked.

"This is where my ex used to live," he said. "She was a nanny. She got fired and moved out."

"Oh," was all I could say. "I-I'm sorry to hear that."

"No, it's fine. It's been months. I'm over it. Got any more boxes to bring up?"

"Just one more, but it's small. I think I can handle it. Thanks for asking though." I said and began to walk back to the elevator. Hayden followed behind me. "Oh shit. The elevators gone up without you. We're gonna have to wait."

"That's fine. I don't mind."

I couldn't help but smile at Hayden. He was super nice and super hot. My type of guy. We waited together as the elevator came back down. Hayden pressed the 11 button again and I pressed the one for the lobby. We waited together in silence as the elevator went up and stopped at his floor.

"This is me," he said. "It was nice meeting you, (Y/N). I hope to bump into you in the elevator more often."

"I hope so, too," I said.

Hayden was about to walk out when he stopped. He held his hand out to keep the door open and turned back to me.

"How about tomorrow night?" he asked.

"What?" I asked.

"How about we see each other tomorrow night? I know this nice restaurant I think you'd like. It's not too far so we can just walk. What do you say?"

I say hell yes! Well, I didn't actually say that. What I actually said was, "I'd love to."

"Great. See you then."

The elevator nosily dinged at Hayden. He laughed and took his arm off it. As the door closed, he waved and sent me a wink. I felt my legs turn to jelly and I leaned against the wall. It's only day 1 and I have a date. Living in this place is gonna be awesome.