#60. Ages » Chris

You're overthinking this whole thing. This isn't the first time an older man has dated a younger woman. Didn't Henry Cavill date a 19 year old at one point? And Scott Disick is dating Sofia Richie, who's also 19 years old. Beyoncé and Jay-Z had a 12 year age gap. Hell, Hugh Hefner was basically known for sleeping with girls who were years younger than him! Although maybe that's not the best comparison.

So why does this feel so...weird?

It's not that my relationship with Chris felt weird. It felt amazing. I really liked Chris, he was sweet and kind and just a genuine good person. It was...the age gap.

See, I was 18 years old when I started dating Chris, and I was nearly 19 when he decided he wanted to finally go public with our relationship. And he was 36, 18 years older than me.

I was afraid of what people were going to say about us. Which, I knew I shouldn't. I was happy, Chris was happy, we were both of above the age of consent, so we were both two consenting adults in a very happy, consenting relationship. But, I knew the media wouldn't see that. The media was going to see a girl with "teen" in her age dating a major movie star who was older than 30. They were going to say stuff about us, about Chris. I knew they would. It's what the media did best.

But this didn't worry Chris. He still insisted that he wanted to go public. And, while I was more skeptical and worried than he was, I still agreed to go along with it.

So, there I was, standing in front of a mirror in a beautiful dress with my hair and makeup done, getting ready to go to the Avengers: Infinity War premier with Chris.

My hands were shaking as I attempted for the umpteenth time to try and fix my lipstick. It wasn't working too well. My heart was racing and I felt like I was going to throw up. Maybe if I did, Chris would tell me I could stay and we wouldn't have to do this.

"Hey babe," Chris said, entering his bedroom. You were over to his house to prepare for the red carpet. "Our ride is almost here, are you ready?"

I looked at Chris and he knew immediately what I was thinking. He crossed the room and wrapped his arms around me. I know it's super cliche, but I felt safe and secure in Chris' arms, like nothing could ever hurt me. Not with my Captain America protecting me.

"I don't think I can do this, Chris," I said to him. "I'm not ready."

Chris gave me a reassuring squeeze and said, "Alright, babe. I get it. I won't make you go, but I gotta ask, why do you feel like this? What are you worried about?"

I sighed and pulled away from Chris. I couldn't look at him. I stared down at my feet as I said, "I'm scared of what everyone is gonna say. I'm afraid of the media taking us, taking my age versus your age, and twisting it all and trying to make you look bad. I'm afraid that you being with me is going to ruin your career."

Chris nodded, taking in what I was saying. "Even though we both know that you were well over 18 when we met and started dating?"

"I know we both know that," I sighed. "And I know that my family knows that, and your family and your friends and your co-stars know that, but the media is known for twisting stories, or at least some of them are. What if the wrong media outlet takes us and our relationship and twists it and makes it seem as though you're this disgusting man who dates women years and years younger than him and it ruins your image or even your career?"

"Alaa, no one is going to believe the media over me if I come out and explain the whole situation. I mean, some people probably will, but not enough to ruin my career. I know the fans will understand and be okay with it." He took my hands in his and looked me in the eye. I loved his blue eyes. They were so bright, and so beautiful. "Like I said, I won't make you go and I won't make you come out about our relationship if you don't want to. I understand your concern, but I just want you to know that no matter what happens, I will never regret being with you. I don't care about the age difference, I really like you, Alaa. I like being with you."

I smiled. "I like being with you, too, Chris."

Chris smiled and pulled me for a kiss. It was only a quick peck as the moment our lips touched, a car horn sounded outside.

Chris pulled away and went to look out the window. "It's the car bringing us to the premier." He turned back to look at me. "You don't have to come."

I thought about it for a moment. My hands were still shaking and my heat was still beating fast, but I didn't feel as nervous or sick anymore. I knew Chris was right, we knew the truth and his fans would believe him. Things wouldn't be as bad as I thought they would be.

I took a deep breath and said, "Let's go before I regret it."

Chris chuckled and took my hand.

The car ride to the premier was nerve wracking, but having Chris there did make it a little more bearable. He held my hand and have me reassuring squeezes every now and then. I started to feel the nervousness I had earlier as we pulled up at the premier.

Chris got out first and came over to open my door for me. He took my hand as I got out.

"It'll be okay," he assured me. "Don't worry."

I nodded, but it was hard not to.

We both took to the red carpet. Cameras were flashing like crazy, people calling for Chris to look at them and to smile, reporters were calling for him to come over for interviews. At first I just stood behind him awkwardly, trying not to be noticed or photographed, but Chris had the exact opposite idea because he grabbed me and pulled me so I was front and center. He kissed me on the cheek, which caused the paparazzi to go even more crazy.

Chris was pulled off for his first interview and I trailed along behind him.

"Before we get into the movie, which I know you can't exactly tell us much about," the reporter started. "I just wanna talk about what just happened. Is this lovely lady your new girlfriend?"

Chris smiled proudly and put an arm around my shoulder. "She sure is. This is Alaa. We've been together for about 6 months."

"Well that's so sweet!" the reporter said and smiled at me. "Are you a big Marvel fan?"

"Uh, not really," I said and felt my face start to heat up. I was never good at being the center of attention or anything. "I mean, I knew some of the movies, I've seen Iron Man. But I was never really a Marvel buff. In fact, call me clueless, but I actually had no idea that Chris was a famous actor when we met."

"Which is always a plus," Chris joked.

At that's how most the interviews went. A quick touch on his new relationship and then moving on to Infinity War. No one asked about my age or anything, which took a huge weight off my shoulder. Although, I don't know why I thought they would. It's rude to ask a lady for her age.

The rest of the night went by very smoothly. I met some fans and some of the cast that I hadn't already met through Chris. The reporters were eating up our relationship and by the time we sat down for the movie, there had already been articles up about us. I knew at some point people were going to find out the age difference. But I didn't care anymore. I was happy to be with Chris, and he was happy with me.

And that was truly all that mattered.

Dedicated to Alaa_Mostafa !! More requests coming soon!!