#3. Drawing » Steve

*This is from the deleted scene from The Avengers. I'll try to put it on the side for those who haven't seen it*

Steve sat at a table outside of a café, looking up at the Stark Tower. He looked down at his sketch book and continued to draw the infamous building. He wondered if Howard Stark had helped build it.

"That's a nice drawing."

Steve looked up to see a girl from a neighboring table looking at his drawing. He found himself speechless at her beauty. He had never found a girl as beautiful before, except for Peggy of course.

He snapped out of his trance, remembering the girl had said something to him.

"Uh, thank you," he said.

"Do you draw often?" the girl asked.

"Sometimes," Steve shrugged. "Haven't in...a while."

Steve chuckled at his own joke. The girl smiled, too. She must've known who he was. He had been the talk of the town after he was found in the ice. How could someone not know who the famous Captain America was?

"My name is (Y/N) by the way," the girl said and extended her hand to Steve.

"Steve Rogers," he replied and shook her hand. "Um, you can come sit if you want."

(Y/N) was quick to switch tables and sit across from Steve. Steve looked back up at Stark Tower and leaned over his drawing. (Y/N) watched with admiration as he sketched. He really was great at drawing. The two just sat in silence, Steve drawing and (Y/N) admiring it.

"So," she finally broke the silence. Steve looked up. "have you met him yet?"

"Ma'am?" Steve asked, not understanding the question.

"Him," (Y/N) replied and pointed to Stark Tower. "Tony."

"No, not yet."

"Well, I used to work for him and I'll let you know now, he's nothing like his father. And I don't mean that in a good way or anything" Steve tilted his head to the side like a confused puppy. "He's something of a jerk. Only thinks about himself and maybe his girlfriend."

"Oh," Steve said.

"Are you getting used to the 21st Century yet?"

"No ma'am," Steve sighed. He wasn't. He had been thawed out month ago and he still wasn't doing good with all this new technology and everything. He felt like an outcast in this modern world.

"Don't worry. You'll get the hang of it," (Y/N) said with a smile.

Steve liked (Y/N). She was different than others that knew him. Usually he was bombarded with questions like how did he survive in the ice and was he going to be Captain America again and if he missed all of his friends. But (Y/N) wasn't interested in Captain America. She was interested in Steve Rogers.

A perky waitress came up to the table.

"Waiting on the big guy?" she asked the two.

Steve seemed confused, but (Y/N) answered for him.

"No, just enjoying the day," she said. "Maybe another time."

Steve reached for his wallet to pay for his tab and (Y/N)'s.

"Steve, you don't have to do that," (Y/N) told him.

"The tables all yours as long as you like. Nobody's waiting on it," the waitress told them. "Plus, we've got free wireless."

"Radio?" Steve asked. (Y/N) giggled.

"Internet," she told him. "You'll learn all this soon enough."

Steve smiled at her.

"Ask for her number you moron," an elderly man from the table next to them asked. Steve blushed a bright red as (Y/N) giggled again, clearly hearing the man. She took Steve's pencil and wrote her name and phone number on a new piece of paper in his sketch book.

"It was nice meeting you, Steve," she said. "I have to go. Work and all. Call me if you'd like to get together again soon."

"I will," Steve said with a nod. (Y/N) smiled and walked off. Steve looked back down at the paper. He began to draw a heart with an arrow through it around (Y/N)'s name. He definitely would not forget this girl.

*A/N: requests are open. If you would like an imagine or have an idea for one or you want a ship imagine (Stucky, Stony, Steggy) just inbox me and I'll work on it ASAP*