#84. Taking Care » Chris

(Y/N) groaned as she opened her eyes. Her head was pounding and she felt like she couldn't breathe. She slowly sat up in her bed, but quickly laid back down when her head started spinning. She groaned a second time, finally giving up and admitting defeat to the flu.

She knew it was going to happen. The past few days she was sneezing non-stop, and she started getting the chills the day before. Her boyfriend, Chris, told her there was a flu going around and there was a chance she was getting sick, but she denied it. There was no way she was getting sick, she couldn't and miss some work.

So much for that.

After the room finally stopped spinning, (Y/N) reached for her phone and called her work to let them know that she wouldn't be in, then sent a text to Chris to let him know she was sick in case he couldn't get a hold of her. She meant to prop up her pillows and turn on Netflix and just relax, but the minute she put her phone back down, she rolled over and fell asleep again.

Some time later, she woke up in a sweat when she heard her bedroom door creak open. Her head was still pounding, but felt like it got much worse, but now her entire body was aching. Her bed dipped down and she felt a hand on her head.

"Go away," she moaned.

Chris' familiar laugh filled her ears. "You're really warm, baby. And sweating. Do you want anything?"

"For the pain to stop," she sighed. "I feel like hell. I thought sleep would help me feel better, but apparently it made me feel a hell of a lot worse."

Chris leaned down and kissed her forehead. "I'm gonna go get you some Advil and a glass of water then run you a bath. You just relax, I'll be right back."

Relax was the last thing (Y/N) felt like she could do, but she tried. She settled back into her bed and waited for Chris to return with the Advil and water. When he did, she gratefully gulped down the whole glass quickly, the cool liquid soothing her burning throat.

Chris went to her bathroom and ran her a warm bath. As the water ran, he came back and picked her up out of bed. She rested her head on his shoulder as he carried her to the bathroom. He placed her on the counter and helped her pull off her sweat soaked pajamas. She managed to stand up long enough to step into the bathtub and sit down. Chris sat on the toilet outside, looking at her.

"You don't have to do this," (Y/N) told him. "I don't want to make you sick, too."

"I'll take my chances," Chris responded with a smile. "Knowing you, you were going to spend your day in bed watching Netflix and YouTube, only getting up to go to the bathroom, not even eating."

"I do that when I'm not sick," (Y/N) responded with a smile.

"I know you do, but when you're sick you should eat and drink lots of water and try to get some sleep. And you definitely shouldn't be by yourself," Chris said. "So, I'm going to go make you something to eat. You just relax in here, I'll let you know when the food is ready."

(Y/N) smiled as Chris left, closing the bathroom door just slightly behind him. She rested her head against the tub and sunk down into the inviting hot water.

She knew Chris was right, she needed to really take care of herself in order to get rid of the flu. She hated being sick, and actively tried to avoid sickness. When she did get sick, she felt miserable and would definitely stay around wallowing in her own sickness until her body magically healed itself. It felt nice to have someone take care of her.

She wasn't sure how long she was lying in the bath, in and out of a nice warm bath nap, when there was a slight knock on the door. She opened her eyes and turned her head to see Chris peaking his head in. He held out a towel for her and let her know that her food was ready.

(Y/N) smiled. She let the water out of the tub and dried herself off before pulling on her fluffy bathrobe. She was already feeling a bit better. Her head had finally stopped spinning, and she was feeling a little less sickly. Her throat still hurt, and her nose was still stuffed up, but it was a start.

In her kitchen, Chris had soup made and placed in a bowl on the table. She sat down across from him and began to eat.

"I'm so glad that stuff comes in cans," Chris joked. "You know how horrible of a cook I am, I'd probably burn soup or something."

"You'd burn water," (Y/N) teased. "You're so lucky to have me around."

"Oh yeah, because you're a chef extraordinaire," Chris retorted.

(Y/N) laughed, but was cut short when she started coughing. She cringed at the raw feeling in her throat.

"I'm sorry you have to see me like this," she sighed. "I'm grateful that you want to help, but I really don't want to get you sick. It'll be awful if you have to miss out on filming because of me."

Chris chuckled. "Well, for one, I'll be much more careful than you were Mrs. 'Oh, I won't get sick, I rarely ever get sick, I'll be fine!'." (Y/N) rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out at him. "And two, I'd rather get sick and have to take time off than know you're home suffering with the flu by yourself. I want to help you feel better."

Chris reached out and took (Y/N)'s hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. She smiled and squeezed his hand back, wishing she wasn't sick so she could kiss her sweet boyfriend.

"So, next stage of my helping you get better plan," Chris said. "Finish your soup, get dressed in your comfiest clothes and grab your blanket. We're going to watch your favorite movies, eat ice cream, and keep you hydrated."

More of a Drabble than an imagine cause I don't have much inspiration for this one. Dedicated to tanijatasnim