Prologue

Emily's POV

"Emily, you've been doing this for days." Sarah said to me. I was sitting on the pasture railing while staring off into the meadow. I looked at my watch. 4:39. It's now been exactly two years since Dusty left. Freedom walked up to me. I patted her muzzle.

"Sarah can I talk to Emily alone?" Will asked. Sarah nodded and left. I looked to Will.

"We're all sad about Dusty really. Don't you think you should give up or something. If he wanted to return, don't you think he would've done it by now?" Will said. I looked down to the grass. In my hair I could see the feather. Both Dusty and India wore it. It breaks my heart to know that Dusty is somewhere out there. Does he remember me?  Or dad, or Tony, or even Horseland? Will he ever return?

--------------------------

Dusty's POV

I kept running. I looked behind me. I see Dream behind me.

"Come on Dusty, slow down." She called to me. Dream was a golden color Arabian. She has a black mane and tail with white stripes. I became apart of her herd. What humans would call Dream and I a couple. I played a trick on her. I rolled down a hill. I kept rolling. "Dusty!!" She screamed. She ran down to me. She came close to me. I gave her a kiss, what people would say. She yelped and fell down. I started laughing.

"You should've seen your face." I said. I put myself in a resting position. She walked over to me and laid beside me. I rested my head on her. She leaned into me.

"Dusty how come you never talk about your home much?" She asked me. Why? Because I have one reason only. Maybe two. I know I can't think about the other one, but my first reason is simple. I left Emily.

"Come on, race you back to the herd." I said. I got up and started galloping. I try not to think of home much. I want to go back, but will Emily be happy to see me? Will she even allow me back?

"Dusty run!!" I heard Dream shout. I turned back and saw rangers near Dream. I galloped to her. The rangers looked surprised. I kicked my hooves around.

"Dream run." I told her. She was in ropes. She got free, and started to run. I followed her. I ended up ahead of her. I got back to the herd. "We need to leave. Now!"  I said. I looked behind me. Dream wasn't there.

"Dusty what's wrong?" King asked me. King was the leader of the herd.

"Dream and I, we were running then rangers came and we ran away, but she's not here. They must've took her. You and the herd leave, I'll go after Dream." I said. I turned around and ran. I heard galloping in the opposite direction. I need to find Dream.