Chapter 2

Emily's POV

It's been a couple of weeks since the new horse came here. I did the game I did with Freedom. I found out her name was Dream. I opened my locket Will gave me.

"Dusty where are you?" I asked myself. Will walked up behind me.

F"We're all going on a trail ride. You want to come?" He asked. I shook my head. "Emily, you're going to have to move on, I know the two of you were close, but this isn't normal." He said.

"Then why don't you find a girlfriend who is." I snapped. I walked to my little house. I wanted to cry. Now, Will is going to leave me. I knew I shouldn't have said that. But I did. Why? I stumbled over something. I looked down and saw my guitar. I picked it up and sat on the bed. I started playing notes. My eyes started getting heavy. I layed down on the bed. Sleep came to me fast.

~dream~

I look around. It was a wide-open space. I look everywhere.

"Dusty?! Dusty?!" I shouted. I heard something. Where I was standing started to shake.

~end of dream~

I opened my eyes. I was still in the little house. I looked at my watch. 5:40. Shoot. I got off the bed and went outside. I went to the barn. I saw Will and Bailey, but they didn't see me.

"Will, she's just upset. How would you like it if you had to do the same with Jimber?" Bailey said.

"I would feel how she is feeling. But she told me to find someone normal. I don't want normal, I want her."  Will said. I ran to the grazing pasture. I climbed onto the railing and sat on it. Dusty where are you? I feel empty without you. I heard footsteps from behind.

"I told your dad that you were going to spend the night," Will said.

"Thanks," I replied. "Listen Will abo-" I was going to explain myself when Will stopped me by kissing me. He put his hands on my waist. He stopped by hugging me.

"You just really miss him. He was special to you." Will said. It was true, I could tell Dusty anything and I feel like he could understand me.

"Guys, dinners ready," Bailey shouted. Will kissed my forehead, and we walked inside. He still had me in his arms.