Chapter 21

Will's POV

"Will we're going to see Emily at the hospital. Um, you want to come?" Bailey asked me.

"No," I said coldly. I was standing in the kitchen gripping a soda. Emily would be on the island, staring at the ground. Her side bangs would be covering her eyes.

"Listen, Will, she's your girlfriend, you should be there for her." He said.

"She's not even awake." I snapped. I ran up the stairs and into my room. I slammed the door. I saw Bailey and the others drive away. I turned away from the window. I punched the wall, but it hurt my hand instead. I was holding it while I went to sit on my bed. I looked over to my nightstand. There was a photo of Emily and me, and I was giving her a piggyback ride.

"Will, Emily smile." Mr. Matthews's words echoed in my head. It was the fourth of July and we're were having a BBQ, before the fireworks. Emily and I sat on the roof of the barn to watch the fireworks. I was holding her in my arms, her head was resting on my shoulder. I smiled at the memory. My phone then buzzed. I looked at it and saw that it was Tony.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Its Emily, you need to come over here fast. But Will-" He said. I hung up when he said I needed to be there fast. I ran down the stairs, grabbed the keys to the car and ran to it. I started the car and drove to the hospital. I parked the car and hurried into the hospital. Tony was waiting for me. When he saw me, he showed me to Emily's room. Mr. Matthews was in the hallway with a doctor. Bailey, Sarah, Molly and Alma were standing in the hallway with pale faces. Chloe and Zoe were talking to each other.

"Speaking of Will," Zoe said. I rolled my eyes and went into the room. I saw Emily in the hospital bed. She had a bandage over her left eyebrow, but she was fine other than that.

"Emily, I was so scared for you," I said. I walked up to the side of her bed. She was staring at me. It wasn't her usual stare. She would usually be staring at me with happiness in her eyes. She was staring at me with confusion. "Emily?" I asked.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" She asked. My mouth dropped open.