Chapter 14

Emily's POV

I saw dad pull into the rocky road of Horseland. Tony and I walked up to the truck. While he made a move for the door, I made a move for the bed of the truck. I climbed onto it and then I sat down. I knocked on the window saying that I'm ready. They drove away, and I was staring behind me. Tony and I were the last to leave. Then my phone buzzed. I looked at it. It was from Will.

Why are you and Bailey acting so weird?

Shoot. Do I tell him or do I lie? I'm a pretty good liar, but I don't want to ruin my relationship because of one lie. One lie always leads to another. I typed my response and sent it.

I saw Tony and Sarah together.

So?

I was ready to bang my head on the window of the truck. Will stop making this hard.

Tony and Sarah were making out, I told Bailey that and he had the same reaction.

Are you going to tell Tony?

Will, stop making my life so difficult.

Yes, maybe, I don't know, just drop it for now and don't tell anyone. You do, then I'll ignore you for a week.

I smiled at my threat.

I won't.

I closed my phone as dad was pulling into the driveway. When he stopped I jumped over the side of the bed and ran into the house, up the stairs and into my room. I closed the door and went to my window. I sat down on the window seat. I could hear dad and Tony talking.

"What was that all about?" Dad asked him.

"Don't know," Tony replied.

"Did you tell her yet?" Dad asked again.

"No I-" Tony started, but I didn't want to hear the rest. I walked over to my desk. Dad's present from last Christmas was sitting on it. Dad had given me a drawing book. He gave me many professional art stuff along with it. He must've thought that if I was good at music, then I was good at art. I opened the book and took a pencil from my pencil container. I started drawing. When I was done with it, it was Dusty and me back at the ranch. He was in a pen because when he first arrived we didn't trust him with the other horses.

"That's really good." I turned and saw Tony.

"Listen I need to tell you something." We both said at the same time.

"You first." He replied.

"IsawyouandSarahkissing," I replied so fastener didn't get a word.

"Repeat it please." He said.

"I saw you and Sarah kissing. It was today in the barn. I went to get Jimber for Will, and you guys were there. I'm scarred for life because of you." I said to him.

"Well, that makes my half easier to say because Sarah and I are dating." He said.

"Finally," I said under my breath.

"What?" Tony asked.

"Just don't forget about your friends. I'm talking about Bailey by the way."

"What about Bailey?" He asked.

"You're his only guy friend. He's been around girls way too much, then you come along, you two are friends you, get a girlfriend leaving him in the dust." I explained.

"But he has Chloe." He said. I was ready to smack him.

"How would you like it if you've been riding at a barn for many years and your only friends were girls. Then another dude shows up and the two of you become friends. Then that dude gets a girlfriend and leaves you. That's how Bailey's feeling right now. He wants a friend who he can burp, make disgusting noises, play video games with and talk about girls now and then." I explained. I'm turning into dad.

"I get it," Tony said. I smiled.

"Thank you. Plus if you hurt Sarah, I'm beating you up." I replied. Tony put his hands up in a don't-hurt-me way.

"Dinner's ready," Dad called to us. Tony and I raced down the stairs to the kitchen. If there was one thing we both had a weakness for, it was food.