Chapter 11

Dusty's POV

"About time." Chili said. Dream was asleep in her stall, while everyone else was awake.

"What do you mean?" Button asked. I knew exactly what he meant. I hate people in my personal life.

"Dusty and Scarlet sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-" Chili started.

"You're like a five-year-old girl," I said. Scarlet laughed.

"Well sorry for speaking the truth." Chili replied. I rolled my eyes. Then we heard a screeching. I saw Shep and Teeny run out of the barn. Aztec closes his top part of his stall door.

"Someone shut her up," Aztec screamed.

"Who?" I asked.

"Angora the stupid barn cat," Chili responded. I saw where she was. She was a few feet away. Time to put this talent to use. I took aim and fired. Angora shriek and ran away. It was quiet.

"Did she die?" Aztec asked. I laughed.

"No, I spat on her. If there's one thing cats hate its when their fur gets dirty." I replied.

"Thank goodness that horrible noise is gone," Aztec said. He opened the door.

"Dusty, what was your favourite part of being in the wild?" Calypso asked. I was taken back by the question.

"I guess it was being able to run all day. Having the wind in my mane and the sun beating down on my back. When I was younger my mom would say that if I ran fast enough I could fly. I actually believed her." I responded.

"What happened to your dad? I mean you never talked about him." Pepper said. I looked down at the floor of my stall.

"He um, he died when I was still a foal. A mountain lion came and attack the herd. It was mostly after me. My dad took the lions' attention and ran. The mountain lion was faster I guess." I replied. I layed down in my stall. I looked at the stars and closed my eyes.

~flashback~

"Dusty come here." I heard dad yell. I didn't listen. Why would I? I'm a foal. I kept running. I want to see if I can fly. I tripped over my own hooves. I fell.

"That was awesome! Dad did you se-" I started. Right in front of me was a mountain lion. It was asleep. I got up slowly. I backed up slowly. I then stepped on a twig. The mountain lion heard that then I was off. I heard it growling. Come on hooves faster. I tripped again. Then I saw dad jump over me. He took the attention of the lion. He ran into the woods. Mom came to me.

"Dusty you ok sweetie?" She asked me. We heard a loud neigh and the roar of the mountain lion. Mom and I ran back to the herd. All the men of the herd surrounded the women and other foals. I looked at mom.

"Where's dad? Is he going to be ok? Is he going to come back and lead the herd?" The questions rolled out of my mouth. Mom gave me a sad look. My sister who is fully grown came up to me.

"Dusty it'll be ok." She said.

"No it won't, don't you get it Sky? It's my fault dad won't come back." I said. I started crying.

"Dusty, it's not your fault. Your dad knew what would happen if he did what he did, and yet he still did it." She said.

~flashback over~

I opened my eyes. I was still staring at the stars.

"Dad, what would happen if I had listened to you?" I whispered to myself. "I'm really sorry what I did. I know people say it's not my fault, but I still feel like it is." I added. I went to sleep.