Chapter 20

Dusty's POV

Everyone: Scarlet, Freedom, Chili, Pepper, Button, Caylpso, Jimber, Aztec, Dream, and Sunburst we were all in the pasture. I was walking around.

"Dusty, please calm down and let her explain." Scarlet said to me. I stopped and looked to them.

"Ok then, why was Will saying that Emily will be fine? Why did Emily's dad and Tony go into a ambulance? Why was Will crying? Why was Emily on a stretcher?" I snapped. Everyone was staring at the ground. I puffed a sigh and continued walking.

"I got scared and reared up. Emily fell off and well, she wouldn't wake up." Dream said. I froze in place. I snapped my head to them. I felt tears come to my eyes. I turned around and started to gallop. When I came to the fence, I jumped it. I ran to my meadow. When I got there, I stopped and fell down. I put my head down and started crying. I heard someone walk up to me.

"Dusty?" I heard Scarlet. I didn't say anything. She layed herself next to me, and she rested her head on my back. We didn't say anything. It thundered and started raining.

~flashback~

(still Dusty's POV)

This Emily walked me out into a meadow. She sat down.

"India and I come here all the time. Dad calls it our meadow. India's and I. We're really close. Do you think we'll have a relationship like that?" She looked to me. I stared back. She got up and walked over to me. She went to pet my muzzle, but I moved my face. She had a hurt look. The clouds were dark, but they were dark all day long. It thundered and then it started pouring. Emily put her hands over her head and started to run. I neighed to her. She looked back to me. I motioned her to get on my back. She ran and climbed onto me. I went into a gallop, and got us back to the ranch.

~flahsback over~

"Emily and I became close because of a rainstorm." I said.

"Really?" She asked. I nodded. "Thats cool." She said. We were quiet again. "Dusty, I know this might be something you don't want to hear, but Emily will ok." She said.

"Just need to believe." I murmured. I looked over to Scarlet. She was staring at me. "We should go back." I said. She nodded and we both got up. We walked back into the pasture, where both Bailey and Will brought us to our stalls. I layed down in mine, and tried to fall asleep. The only thing on my mind was Emily.