Chapter 28-

“Let us go you jerk!” Devon roared.

“Not going to happen!” he shouted back louder.

            Devon began to shake after a couple of seconds, I knew he wouldn’t react well to that but it was worth a shot. His wolf soon erupted and a sigh left me.

“What do you even want?” I asked, wishing I had bit my tongue.

            His eyes adverted to my own and he stared me down for a while. I kept my place, I knew if I moved a muscle he would take it as a sign of weakness. Eventually, he broke the contact and gazed outside of the window. The sun was bright as it shone through the window, highlighting Maisie’s cage.

            A smile filled my face as she grinned at the man in front of us. She knew something we didn’t; only her small fragile mind could comprehend it.

“What you staring at?” he asked in a scream.

            She laughed at him more and I frowned slightly. Then I saw Devon who had been placed in the cage behind him. He pulled a face at Maisie and a little giggle erupted from her.

“You,” he screamed when he noticed Devon, “Stop that now!”

“What, are you going to make me?” Devon answered back in a mimicking tone.

            Even Wendy suppressed a small laugh and he turned to face all of us. We all began to roar in laughter as his face turned more and more red. This was extremely comical. I noticed Devon’s eyes advert to the keys on his belt. Devon mouthed something to me which I didn’t quite catch; all I was concentrating on was getting the keys.

            My body inched forward slightly, pressing closer against the bars. I snaked my arm through the two bars placed it in front of me. I stretched as long as I could until my arms were next to his belt. My ears pricked up at the sound of him yelling some words that Wendy said were naughty. He’s going to get it if Wendy ever gets her hands on him.

            I reached a little further and snatched the keys from the belt. Devon masqueraded it with a shout of abuse aimed at the guard. I placed the keys in my pocked and stepped away from the bars.

“You’re all going to get it. I’m getting my boss!” he shouted, throwing his fists in the air in an attempt to be menacing.

“I’m so scared,” Devon yelled back sarcastically.

            He stormed off and I heard Devon release a sigh of relief.

“What you relieved about, we’re still in these dingy cages,” Ally snapped at him.

            He grinned at me and I smiled back.

“What you two lovebirds got going on?” Megan inquired.

“Oh, how the date go?” Wendy interrupted.

“Not the time,” I shot back.

“I got shot!” Devon exclaimed.

“Huh?”

“Just quiet!” Maisie screeched, “Let Devon explains.”

            Silence hung thick in the air as everyone turned to Devon, expecting an answer. Devon’s gaze found mine for a brief second and they twinkled bright with hope for a while. They dimmed when they turned away and stood against the bars.

“Ella has the keys,” he said simply.

            And just like that the attention was thrown to me. I took them out of my pocket and dangled them in the air. A couple of cheers erupted from Ally and Megan and Maisie’s face lit up in pure delight.

“Unlock us then!” Megan demanded.

“Not so fast, we need a plan,” Wendy decided.

“But what are going to do?” I asked.

“I know,” Devon said, a smug smile filling his lips.

“You take the keys if you know what you’re doing,” I chucked Devon the keys just as the door burst open.

            Two men appeared in the door way, dressed in black. Sunglasses masqueraded there eyes, it gave the impression that they were powerful. They walked up to my cage with out a word and began to push me.

“What are you doing?” I asked wearily.

“You’re going to be questioned,” he said simply.

“No!” Devon called.

“We’ll only be a minute; she won’t get hurt too much.”

            He let out a roaring maniacal laugh and I saw Maisie flinch at the harshness of his tone. I’m in some deep trouble now.