Chapter 14

Next Chapter 

_______________________________________________________________________________

"There's one thing we can do, prove them wrong," Wendy decided.

            We were all sat around the table, discussing the note. Devon hadn't spoken a word which left me on edge and personally, I felt bad.

"Ella, Ally, upstairs for a shower, they'll be here in an hour," Wendy instructed.

             We padded upstairs and filed into our bedroom. Ally went first, claiming Wendy explained how to use the water hose thingy. Me, I was clueless. I waited patiently until Ally called me. She headed to our bedroom whilst I tried not to break the shower. I actually quite enjoyed the shower which shocked me. Ally had left a soft robe for me which I slipped on with comfort.

             As soon as I stepped into the room, I was dragged down by Devon and Wendy. He pinned me against the wall as Wendy attacked my hair. I thrashed against it.

"No point, in fighting," Ally began, "They'll win."

             She resumed to blowing her nails, what happened to her? I paused and Devon left. My wrists felt cold with out his hand there and I frowned slightly. Around an hour later they were done and I have to say that I did not enjoy this experience at all. Wendy shoved us down stairs whilst she attended to Maisie and herself. We seated at the dinning table, waiting for the others when Devon strolled in.

"Ally, Ella?" he questioned.

              We turned around to face him and his mouth soon formed the shape of an O. Ally looked to me and shrugged. I know we looked different but really?

"Devon," I drawled, trying to catch his attention.

             He shook his head and sat next to me. Once Wendy and Maisie had arrived, we waited for them to arrive.

"Now girls," Wendy warned, "Don't speak unless someone asks you a question. I'm relying on Wolfie staying in the forest so everything should be fine."

             She muttered something else to herself but it was too low for even my ears. We sat around the kitchen table with our hands clasped or fidgeting constantly. Devon was looking around the room, avoiding anyone's eye contact and Maisie was swinging her legs and playing with one of her dolls hairs.

             A sudden knock at the hard wood door made us all jump and stare at it. Wendy stood abruptly and straightened her shirt and walked to the door. She took a deep breath before opening the door.

"Hello, can I help you?" Wendy asked, smiling brightly.

              Because Wendy works in a busy supermarket, she had speaking politely and fake smiling to perfection.

"Wendy Forest? We're here due to a suspicion that you and you're family are Canis Lupis. Werewolves."

"Werewolves?" Wendy gasped.

"Can we come in please Mrs Forest?" the officer asked impatiently.

"Yes, off course," Wendy replied while stepping aside to let the man in.

              The officers came in and observed us all sat around the table. Maisie smiled and waved but Devon just stared at the floor. Ally and I acted as if we were involved in a deep hushed conversation. The taller man cleared his throat to get our attention. We all turned to look at him.

"Okay, which one of you is Maisie Forest?"

              Maisie tentatively raised her hand. Her eyes met Wendy's and they seemed to swap silent messages and instructions.

"Okay, come with me then please."

              Maisie stood and followed the men into the sitting room. The rest of us watched the door close behind them, a memory flashing to life before me.

"Surrender yourself, wolf!" The man at the front demanded.

              He had a taser in one hand and a net in the other. A vicious growl erupted from her crouched form. He ignored her threat and continued lurching towards her. His face was hard set, his features glued in a scowl. He was barely two metres away from her. Her limbs were ready to spring, her jaw ready to snap.

              Once in range, he threw the net at her but missed. She lunged at him and locked her jaw on his arm. He cried out but quickly recovered and shot her with the taser. Electricity shot through her body, her veins, her whole being. She trembled and collapsed onto her side on the cool, hard, concrete. She used her remaining strength to shift to human form. 

"Please," she pleaded in a whisper.

             He took a cautious step towards her; he loomed over her, casting a dark shadow. The effects of the electricity had gone, and she could feel her strength return.

"Please," she choked out.

             The officer's face softened, falling with pity for her. He reached to his belt, and removed a knife. She tensed herself as he leaned down but instead he cut a wound down his open palm, she watched as the skin re-knitted itself together.

"Go, and don't return," he said then turned around.

              She watched as he walked away.

The guy returned who left with Maisie and looked to me. I met his gaze, it was him. A smile tugged at the corners of his mouth as he knew who I was. We were safe; we were all going to be safe.

___________________________________________________________

Did you like it?

Read

Vote

Comment

Fan

Thanks

Niamoi :)