We are

It wasn't that bad when we all ate dinner. Thank God! Mom was just so cool for the whole dinner time, and she never ask me or Joshua, about us. Is there us? Okay, there's no us, we're friends, that's it.

I really really really don't know what's the real score between Joshua and i. I'm not asking for a real relationship, but i just want to be clear. Hell, i've been single for years and it's killing me. He was my first kiss, after those long years that i got my real first kiss.

"So Aliyah, we heard that you had a vacation, how was it?" Joshua's mother, Jane asked.

We're all sitting on the garden area, looking over our whole garden that was surrounded by different kind of plants. It was only the post light giving us the light, in which you can see the whole place.

"It's good, i barely go with the girls because they are stuck with their boyfriends, but it's really good." I smile, well, it's true, that whole week that suppose to be a girls bonding, turns out to be couples bonding.

"That's why it's hard to be single." Mom butt in, i rolled my eyes then give her an annoyed look. I thought mom will behave like she did a while ago, but i think i'm wrong.

"You're beautiful Aliyah, every man in our society can drop on their knees and just propose to you." Joshua's dad, Jacob complimented. Our sitting arrangement in this circular table was like this, Jacob then Jane, then my dad next is my mom then me and Joshua. Cool right?

"It's nice to hear that from you Jacob, but i'm good, just like this, no problems." I softly laugh, Joshua was still quiet. His been like this since we sit here, maybe, he don't want a talk like this, i don't know, but i'm not liking this talk also.

"Boys are not problem honey, they can even help you, right love?" That's Mrs. Jane Adams, she's really showy. Like now, she touch his husband's cheek, caresses it, then place a kiss on it. Just like mom, they look so in love with their husbands. Wishing i can be like them in the future.

"Can't agree on that Jane, but i'm good, thank you." I smile, noticing Joshua, shifting on his seat. His not comfortable.

"Anyway, Joshua, your with Aliyah at the beach, right?" He just nod his head towards my mom, not giving any words.

"How was it?" Mom continue. I grab my phone from the table as i notice some messages. Sometimes i ask myself, why am i putting my phone on silent mode? Just to dismiss their topics

"I thought it will be boring, but i'm wrong, cause i had the best company in that entire vacation." That made me stop checking my phone, did he just say that i'm the best? Maybe our vacation is what he is implying as the best, Ohh.

"Really? A girl it is?" His mom squealed in her seat, looking so excited, like it's the greatest thing in the world.

"A lovely lady that you can drop on your knees and propose." I look up from my phone, seeing him staring at me, smiling. Did he just use his father's line? Ohh please.

"I want to meet her, son, can you call her?" Jane said. Oh my gosh! Nervously, i pick up the cup of tea in front of me, and sip it. I remain looking at them, waiting for Joshua's answer.

"She's having a talk with her family now Mom, i can't call her, but i'm sure you'll love her." Sighing about his comment, i still manage to look at them, smiling, that Joshua didn't say it to them that i was the one with him.

"Ohh, she's family oriented? I can't wait to meet her." Jane answered back. I look at Joshua, giving him a look, that we only both know. Look that when you're in trouble and just by looking at each other is the only way to communicate.

"Mom, i'll tell you her name but promise me that you'll be good to her." Jane nodded, not even thinking of what her son is saying, but i on the other hand, was freaking out inside.