Work

Alex POV

It had been a week since the whole hospital thing, and I needed to work again. Plus, there was a new guy replacing my boss, so at least I had something to look forward to.

I hopped into my car and started it up with the turn of my key. The satisfying start of the engine made a rumbling sound as I drove off.

After about twenty minutes, I arrived.

"Alex, Jeez, how long has it been?" Aaron greeted me as I stepped out of my car.

"About a week," I answered blankly.

"Anyway, I'll be sharing an office with you from now on," he explained.

"What happened to Thomas?"

"Oh, James got back from the hospital and started working here. Thomas asked to share an office with him, and you weren't here to disagree so..."

"It's fine. By the way, who's the new boss?"

"Washington!" He squealed.

He seemed pretty excited. I mean, I was too of course.

"Wait, really?!" I exclaimed.

"Yup! Follow me,"

He guided me into the building and towards a door labeled: Washington. We walked inside.

"Aaron- Oh my god! Hamilton?! Is that really you?!" Washington yelled, running over to me.

"Uh, yep," I answered.

"Where were you last week?" He inquired.

"At the hospital... anyway! I can't believe you're still alive!"

"Wait, what do you mean? Did you think I was dead by now?! 'Cause I sort of thought you'd be dead from lack of sleep," he admitted.

We laughed, and I headed to my office. Work might be even better.