Bar

John POV

"Hey Alex, wanna go to the bar?" I asked, looking over at him.

"Maybe later," He answered blankly, not looking up.

"C'mon Lexi, take a break!" I pleaded.

"I guess so," he sighed. I could tell he didn't really want to go, but I didn't say anything. I had to get him out of the apartment somehow.

We walked there holding hands proudly. He seemed to be avoiding eye contact.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked.

"Oh, it's nothing,"

"That's what you always say when you're worried,"

"Well, at the party I saw Laf and Herc get in a fight. I'm really worried about Laf especially. He's been really antisocial,"

"Ah, I noticed that too, what do you think it could be?"

He shrugged his shoulders in response. I could still see the worry etched across his pale expression though. It made me feel slightly bad for him. I didn't know why, but I felt the need to protect him. Even if that meant damaging myself in the process.

We eventually arrived, and walked inside to see two people we weren't expecting at all.

"Laf? Herc? What are you two doing here?" Alex asked.

"We're just chillin," Herc answered lazily. He had obviously had a few drinks by the time we found him.

"Want to join us, mon ami?" Laf asked, he certainly had more to drink than usual.

"Sure," I answered for both Alex and I.

I noticed that everyone seemed strangely quiet. Usually we were kicked out we were so crazy.

"Hey Alex, wanna come with me to get a drink?" I asked.

He nodded.

We walked over to the bartender and ordered. He chose something I would usually pick, which was odd. Although, drunk Alex was sort of fun. But hungover Alex ruined everything.

We headed back to the other two to see their faces awfully close.

"I ship it," Alex whispered.

I chuckled at that. It was true, even if I was sort of a hypocrite.

Alex and I sat down and began to drink. Alex instantly lightened up, and started talking to Laf even more.

"So," I smirked, scooting closer to Herc.

"Nothing," he grinned.

"Oh, nothing? I certainly think something is going on between you and Laf,"

He stayed silent, but his face was insanely red, and he couldn't seem to resist smiling.

I looked back over at Alex who was slurring like an idiot. Laf simply laughed at his antics, being pretty drunk himself. I decided to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"I dare you to kiss Herc!" Alex declared.

"Well fine, mon ami! I see how it is!" Laf yelled before running over to Herc and crashing his lips on Herc's.

They seemed to be enjoying it because they both fell in the floor it was so passionate.

"Wanna let them be?" Alex asked, walking over to me.

"I think that's a good idea," I laughed nervously.

"By the way, I can't drive," Alex sighed. I knew he felt guilty. Usually he was the one to drive.

"Don't worry about it. I'm basically sober,"

We walked out of the building and headed towards the car. The two of us got situated, and I began to drive.

He was rambling on about the most random things, but I wasn't paying attention. My thoughts were more on Laf and Herc.

With all the things on my mind, it wasn't too long before we arrived at his apartment.

We walked- well, he stumbled while I walked, into the building.

As soon as we got inside, he plopped onto the couch.

"John!~" He said.

"What?" I asked blankly.

"Come here!~" He slurred.

I obeyed and sat down next to him. He cuddled against my chest lovingly.

"Hey John?"

"Yes?"

He didn't answer, just began kissing the crook of my neck. I knew where this was going.

"Hamilton, no,"

"What?! Why not?" He asked.

"Because I don't want to take advantage of you," I answered.

"I don't care!"

"Sober you will though,"

"Fuck sober me!"

"Actually, I will fuck sober you. That's why I'm not fucking you now. Pun intended,"

"You're puns are shit!" He yelled as I walked to into our bedroom.

***

A few hours later I decided to check on him.

He was passed out in the couch, adorably.

I scooped him up into my arms and carried him into our bedroom. I plopped him onto the bed. Then fell asleep to the sweet, slow sound of his breathing.