Strange day

Alex POV

We walked back to his apartment, having small talk. Once we arrived, we sat down on the couch.

"So, tell me. What's your boyfriend's name?" I asked.

"Jack, why?" John answered, confused.

"Fuck! You two will never have a decent ship name, but as long as you get along it's fine." I sighed.

"Is that really why you asked?" He replied.

"Maybe..." I said shooting him a devilish smirk.

"So I kinda need to get something off my chest. I'm sorry if I was an asshole in college. In fact, I'm sorry if I'm still an asshole. I just feel like when we broke up it sounded like I wanted to, which I didn't by the way!" John apologized.

"Oh, it's fine. Anyway, I think I should be heading out. I have an early meeting tomorrow. Talk to you later?"

"Definitely."

- the next day -

Fuck, I was running late. I rushed out of my apartment, coffee in hand. I somehow managed to make it, but just by a few minutes.

"Hamilton! I was afraid you wouldn't make it, you have a very busy schedule today. First, you have a meeting, then you must meet the person you will be sharing an office with from now on, and finally you have to interview somebody. Sound good? Good!" My coworker explained before rushing off.

I made my way to my office, noticing a face inside that I used to know, far too well.

"If it isn't everyone's favorite immigrant! How have you been the last six years?" Jefferson asked a smug grin crossing his face.

"Very peaceful, considering I haven't been near you." I answered.

"Kind as usual, Hamilton. Anyway, I'll be working with you on some case?" He replied.

"Ah, yes. Let's get to working on that."

The meeting went somewhat smooth, considering the fact we were sworn enemies till the end of our days.

After we finished up and Jefferson left, someone also quite familiar walked into the room.

"Aaron Burr, Sir?" I teased, knowing he hated that nickname.

"Hamilton, I see you haven't changed one bit. I'll be sharing an office with you from now on. Nice to meet you... again." Aaron greeted me.

"Nice to meet you too... again."

The day was almost over, all I had left was an interview. Couldn't be too bad, right?

"Hello Angelica Schuy- Holy shit, Angelica?!" I exclaimed, looking down at the women sitting in front of me.

"Wait... you look familiar! Alexander?! How have you been? You look so different!" Angelica replied.

"I've been quite alright. However, it's been a pretty strange day. I saw Jefferson, Burr, and now you?! This is insane, it can't be real!" I laughed.

"Dang, sounds crazy. We should really catch up sometime! But maybe now we should focus on that interview...?"

"Oh, yeah. You're right!"