Chapter 19: A̫͈̟̱͚̣m͘b̬͚̗̻̥̘̲u̬͔͢s̡̟h̩̳̳̙̫͚̝e̢̖̹͕ḑ͙̹͕̣

"Can't I just go home already?"

Snart had spent the night worming on his gun while Audrey was forced to sit and watch.

'You already know the answer to that, kid" Snart replied while not breaking concentration on his gun as he worked.

Audrey groaned quietly as she watched, curious as to what he was doing.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"I'm doing some upgrades for the cold gun to make it perform better" He replied "Would you like to help?"

Audrey shook her head hesitantly at first, just wanting to watch rather than help him perfect something that could be used against Barry or herself.

"Are you sure?" He asked but she hesitated once more and he seemed to notice "How about I teach you how to work on guns?"

"Or would you like to continue being bored?" He asked with a small smirk as she continued to be silent.

She hesitated once more but gave him a small nod, walking over and taking a seat beside him.

Snart smirked more as he handed her a tool. She looked at him before taking it as he watched.

"It's easy to pick up, all I'm doing is crossing wires and upgrading the circuit boards to improve the performance" He explained.

Audrey gave him a small nod, watching as he began to work on his gun once more. He went through the process slowly so she'd understand, showing her the steps, watching as she attempted to follow his directions.

"Like this?"

Snart nodded as he continued to watch her movements, helping her with one or two steps along the way.

"You're a quick learner" He muttered to her as she continued on.

The longer Audrey spent around Snart the more she was beginning to feel more comfortable around him even if he was holding her captive.

"So" Snart said as he cleared his throat. Audrey stopped and turned her attention to him, waiting to hear what he had to say.

He looked at her, about to speak wheb a loud sound from the halls quickly grabbed their attentions.

"What was that?" Audrey muttered but Snart didnt answer. Even he looked just as confused.

"Stay here" He ordered as he stood up, grabbing his cold gun from off the table.

Audrey nodded slightly, staying seated at the desk while Snart walked out to check.

Minutes began to pass as she waited in that room but he never did come back.

"Snart?"

Audrey continues to wait but after another minute passed, the sounds of yelling and gun fire emerged from down the hall, but she couldn't recognize any of the voices.

More yelling resonated fron the other room as the gun fire and sounds of things breaking began to worry her.

"Get down! Hands behind your head!"  One voice stood out through the loud noises and gun fire.

Audrey quickly connected the dots, realizing it must've been the police, maybe it was Joe?

More yelling could be heard as Audrey quickly recognized the voices. Snart and Mardon.

They seemed to be fighting off the intruders and it seemed like they were losing.

"Over here!" A voice yelled as footsteps approached the room.

Suddenly, as Audrey stood alone in the room waiting for Snart or someone to return, the doors were quickly kicked open, revealing three men as they entered the room.

They were armed with rifles and dressed in Army gear.

"Get down! Hands where we can see them!" One of the men ordered as all three pointed theur guns at Audrey.

She froze, unsure of what to do. They didn't seem like a rescue team and Joe was no where to be seen.

They looked like Army soldiers.

"Get the girl!" One of the men ordered the others as they all stepped closer to her, guns still drawn. He seemed to be the leader of the group.

Audrey backed away hesitantly as they approached her, panic beginning to surface.

Two of the three men quickly walked over, grabbing her harshly as one brought out hand cuffs.

Audrey, acting on instinct, quickly pushed one back while kicking the other man. As the two stumvled back a few steps, she quickly took the chance to run past them but was met at the door by the leader.

"Freeze!" He shouted, his gun still pointed at her.

Audrey's breath hitched as the man stepped closer to her while the other two men got back up, grabbing her while her back was turned to them.

She let iut a small scream as she attempted to struggle, swinging and throwing kicks hoping she would hit one of them.

"Get the cuffs!" The leader ordered as the other two men tightened their grips on her.

She struggled more as one of the men placed the cuffs on her wrists. Within seconds Audrey could feel her powers diminish as the men locked the cuffs, restraining her.

"Like the cuffs?" The leader asked her "They were made for special people just like you" He said while smirking at her.

The man watched as she continued to struggle, almost as if he was enjoying the show.

"One of your friends in the other room is also enjoying those cuffs too" He smirked more.

Mardon. It Must've been Mardon.

"What do you want from me? I didn't do anything wrong!" Audrey yelled but he continued to smirk "It's not about what you've done but what you will do.. You'll soon be a contribution to your country" he replied.

That seemed to only raised more questions than answers to her.

"What are you talking about!" Audrey yelled out but the man didn't answer. This couldn't be good.

"Sir what should we do with her?" One of the soldiers asked the leader.

The man turned to the soldier "put her with the other one until transport arrives" he replied getting a nod from the man.

As the soldiers dragged her out of the room and into the hall, Audrey could see both Mick and Snart cuffed and laying on rhe ground unconscious as Mardon sat in the corner with the special cuffs on, struggling to break out of them.

"Mardon?" Audrey called out in a panic.

Mardon quickly recognized her as the men dragged her into the room, throwing her onto the floor beside him.

"Bastards!" Mardon yelled as he attempted to stand up but one of the soldiers quickly kicked him back down.

"Quiet!" One of the soldiers yelled.

Audrey sat up, watching the men talk while one called someone on a walkie talkie.

What were they up to?

"Hey kid" Mardon whispered to Audrey, grabbing her attention "You think you could get us out of here?"

"I don't know-" She responded.

Audrey wasn't too sure if she even could. The cuffs seemed to dampen her powers, weakening her enough to interfere from using them.

"Well can you try?" Mardon asked her "Mine won't work at all."

Audrey gave him a small nod, unsure if she could but she had to try. Who knew what they were plannung on doing with them?

Mardon nodded back, glancing at the soldiers as they continued to talk.

"Hurry.."