• 41 •

Annabeth's POV

"I dare you to..." Piper tapped her chin in thought. It was January 15, a Friday night, and we were all hanging out at my house (we being Leo, Calypso, Frank, Hazel, Jason, Piper, Will, Nico, Thalia, Reyna, Percy and I), playing truth or dare. It was Piper's turn and she was giving Leo a dare.

"Kiss a girl—on the lips—in this room other than Calypso." Piper had an evil smirk on her face. Calypso just sighed.

"I really don't want to do this. I love you." Leo kissed Calypso on the cheek. She just replied with a sigh and an "I know."

Leo stood up and walked over to Hazel. Hazel's eyes got wide. Piper was trying not to laugh and failing. Her mouth bursted open with laughter. Leo turned around to glare at her. She didn't care at all.

Frank, next to Hazel, seemed to tense up. I guessed he wasn't happy about the fact that another guy, who had also had a crush on Hazel in the past (long story), was about to kiss his girl.

Leo kneeled down in front of her—we were all sitting in a circle on the floor of my room—and leaned in. They both closed their eyes and leaned closer very slowly, only to have a 0.2 second peck on the lips.

Frank sat their extremely awkwardly. Percy was smirking with his fingers in his chin trying not to laugh, I was sitting their shaking my head, Calypso just sat and swirled her finger in the carpet, Jason was attempting to calm Piper down—and failing, Reyna and Thalia were laughing together as Piper had, and Nico and Will were quietly bickering about something.

I swear, those two... there's just something about them. They click. I can sense something there, I just don't know what.

I wonder if...

My thoughts were interrupted when Leo and Hazel pulled away. Hazel and Frank looked at each other before Hazel grabbed his shirt and pulled him in for a kiss. Leo went back to his spot and made out with Calypso. I laughed. "You guys are ridiculous."

"Alright, Leo your turn." Jason announced.

"Fine." He smirked confidently. "Piper. Truth or dare."

Piper scoffed. "You don't scare me. Dare." Piper looked at him like try me.

Leo looked satisfied with her answer. He had a sort of mischievous glint in his eyes. I think I heard him mutter 'this will be good' or something. The others didn't hear it because I sat on Leo's right. "I dare you to do seven minutes in heaven with Jason." Leo smirked even more evilly and cruelly than Piper had.

Piper and Jason both went bright red. Their eyes got so big I thought they'd pop out of their heads. "Um, are we sure this is a good idea?" Jason's voice cracked and Percy laughed.

I joined him. "Yes." I said between giggles. "This is a great idea." The two reluctantly got up, both still looking like tomatoes. I led them to my bathroom, because there wasn't enough room in my closet for them to stand in. "Alright. Have fun." I said as I slowly closed the door, just peeking my eyes over the edge. I would have wiggled my eyebrows, except I didn't possess the skill and that was Leo's thing. If you didn't do it the Leo way, you did it wrong. I started the timer on my phone and sat back down next to Percy.

"This is gonna be so good." Percy whispered to me. We both had suspicions that the two had had eyes on each other for weeks.

"I know. They'll finally admit that they like each other." I whispered back. When I looked up, the others had quizzical looks on their faces, staring at us. Percy just waved them off.

We all talked until my phone buzzed. Their time was up. Everyone immediately fell silent. I stood quietly and beckoned Percy to come with me. He got up and followed me as I tiptoed to the door. Our steps were silent as our socks touched the carpet. We got to the door, and before opening it, I looked back to Percy and we smirked at each other. I silently opened the door, hoping to catch them in the act. What I witnessed next made me want to squeal.