• 16 •

Percy's POV

"Annabeth!" Reyna walked over to us. Annabeth was still kneeling next to me, holding her hand over mine which held the tissues for my bleeding nose. "Annabeth. You have to join the volleyball team. That serve was awesome! Sorry Percy." Reyna looked at me.

"Reyna, I can't. That really was just me, yet again, hitting a ball. I have no experience and I'm not even good. And besides, I have... school stuff." Annabeth listed the reasons.

"Annabeth Chase! You are good at volleyball! I can spot potential from a mile away, it's kind of a sixth sense since I'm captain, and you have a whole lot of freaking potential!" Reyna said.

Annabeth sighed after hesitating "Fine. I'll do it. Only because I know you won't leave me alone about it." She agreed.

"Yes! You won't regret this Annabeth. Volleyball is really fun! You'll like it a lot." Reyna said, beaming. Then she walked off to Hazel and Piper.

"We should get a new tissue." Annabeth said.

The one I was holding was almost completely red with blood. Annabeth—somehow—got a tissue out of the pack with one hand. We removed the old one and she held the new one to my face.

She took the old one and called Piper over.

"Piper! Come throw this out please." She asked.

Piper walked over to us. "How are you holding that with your bare hand Annabeth?"

"What. It's just a tissue."

"Soaked with blood."

"So what?" Annabeth asked, unfazed by the messy tissue.

"I don't wanna touch it."

"Ugh. You're such a baby." Annabeth took another tissue and wrapped it around the bloody one. "Here." She handed it to Piper, who took it. "Thank you."

"No problem." Piper walked off.

"You're not grossed out by that?" I asked.

"Nope. If I'm going to be a mom one day, I might as well get used to it now." She said.

She wanted to be a mom. I admired her for knowing what she wanted to do with her life. She was so planned out. Most kids our age couldn't even decide what to wear to a party. She already knew that she wanted to be an architect and a mother.

I definitely want a family. I want a lot of kids. Like four to six. I want boys and girls.

Maybe one day, I could give her that family.

Woah Percy. Slow down. You haven't even told her you like her yet. You don't even know if she likes you. How could marriage and a family already be in the picture?

Right. I'm getting way ahead here.

"I think that you'll be a great mother. And, in sooner matters, a great volleyball player." I said.

"Thanks." Annabeth smiled at me.

She looked so beautiful. The sun was setting, illuminating her skin with an orange-yellow glow. Her golden curls shined in the light and her eyes were so bright. Her perfect white teeth shown brightly as she smiled at me.

I couldn't help but smile back. She was so beautiful, inside and out. God, I want to be with her so badly. I have to tell her how I feel. Now is the perfect time. The sun is setting, we're at the beach, we're alone—

"Hey guys. We think we should all go. It's getting dark and Percy is... yeah." Jason walked over to us.

"Yeah we should get going." Annabeth. "I could drive your car, if that's fine. You're in no shape to drive." Annabeth offered.

I hesitated. I didn't want to make Annabeth drive, but she was right. I really shouldn't be driving with a bloody nose. "Alright." I gave in.

***

By the time we finally made it back to my house, after dropping off Leo, Calypso, and Reyna, it was seven thirty at night.

Annabeth pulled into the parking lot of my apartment. We both got out of the car and Annabeth walked me up to the apartment.

I knocked on the door. A second later, my mom was standing in the doorway.

"Hi Perc—oh my." She realized my nose. "What happened?" She asked.

"We were playing volleyball at the beach and—"Annabeth began to explain. I cut her off.

"Annabeth served the ball straight at me like a badass but I was being stupid and just standing there so I was hit in the face by the ball." I finished.

"I am so so so sorry." Annabeth said.

"Oh it's fine dear." My mom said with a warm smile like don't worry about it. "I assume that you're Annabeth. You fit the very observant description Percy gives me everyday." My mom said.

"Mom!" Thanks for embarrassing me.

Annabeth laughed. "Yes."

"Sally Jackson. You can call me Sally." My mom said while taking Annabeth's hand. My mom gave her a warm smile. I could tell she liked her.

"Very nice to meet you Sally." Annabeth said while taking my mother's hand, returning the kind smile.

"You too Annabeth. Would you like to come in?"

"Oh no, I can't. I really should head home but thank you."

"Ok. I'll let Percy say goodbye than." My mom walked off with a smirk.

"Your mother is lovely." Annabeth said.

"Yeah. But how are you going to get home?" I asked.

"I'll walk. My house is only a block from here."

"I don't like you going home alone at night." I said.

"I'll be fine Percy. If it makes you feel better, we can FaceTime while I walk home." She offered.

"Okay. Fine." I said. I pulled out my phone and called Annabeth. She pulled her buzzing phone from her back pocket and answered the call. Her gorgeous face shown on my iPhone screen.

"Well, I should start waking. And you should get cleaned up." She said.

"Okay." I watched as she walked down the hall to the elevators. I went inside and closed my door when I saw her go through. Then I ran straight to my room and closed the door.

"You there?" I asked.

"Right here." Annabeth said.

"Percy? You need to clean up your nose." My mom said through the door.

"I will."

"Okay."

***

When Annabeth finally got home she said "Alright. I'm home. Safe and sound in my house. Okay?"

"Are there any intruders? Check for intruders."
I said.

Annabeth laughed. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever heard. "There are no intruders Percy." She said with a smile.

"Is your dad home?" I asked.

"No he's on a business trip."

"Okay. I really don't like you being alone."

"Percy I'm fine. And exhausted. Goodnight."

I sighed. "Goodnight." I had to refrain from saying love you afterwards. I wanted to be with her so bad.

Then I got up off my bed and went to clean up my nose.

I hope I see Annabeth in school tomorrow.

Author's note

This chapter is surprisingly long. I didn't expect to right this much.

Will Annabeth show up to school tomorrow?

Maybe she won't.

Mwahahahahha. I have so much power I love it.

Anyways. Hope you guys enjoy!
-bella💕