• 3 •

Annabeth's POV

Oh my gosh. I just ran into Percy Jackson. The hottest guy in school. I cannot believe this. I am in shock. I am shook.

"Okay are we gonna acknowledge the fact that just ran into Percy freaking Jackson?!" Piper squealed.

"Quite frankly, I'd rather not. I am extremely embarrassed. I'm such a klutz." I replied.

"Annabeth, that was his fault." Piper said. "You have nothing to worry about. And I think I saw something in his eyes that may have meant he wasn't entirely upset at the fact that he was just on top of you." She suggested.

"Piper!" I squealed and she laughed. His eyes. Those beautiful sea green eyes. When I looked up at him, I felt like I could just stare into his eyes forever. And his hair. The jet black mess looked like it refused to cooperate with him, so it was messy, but in a cute way. His mischievous grin with his perfect white teeth.

No, Annabeth. I chided myself. You are not falling for the most popular guy in school. You'll never have a chance. About every other girl at Goode wants him. I knew this was true.

But how could I not fall for him? He's gorgeous. Though I can't make anything of him yet. I barely know him. I cannot build a relationship on looks. That's something Drew would do. And I am not Drew. I judge people by their personality. Looks are only a plus.

I sighed. "Every other girl at Goode is already head over heels for him. There's no way that me, Annabeth Chase, high school nobody, has a chance with him, Percy Jackson, high school heartthrob." I chided.

"I still believe I saw something there." Piper insisted.

But no. I could not fall for him. I had enough to worry about between grades and dance. I didn't have time for boys.

Or so I thought...