• 39 •

Percy's POV

We were all sitting in a booth. Annabeth next to me and her father across from us. We were well into our meal when Annabeth's dad, Fred Chase, began to interrogate me. I was extremely nervous that I would say the wrong thing, but tried not to show it. Surprisingly enough, I had succeeded. I understood why he questioned me. I mean, I would probably do the same.

"So. What are your intentions with my daughter?" He asked.

"Oh, here we go." Annabeth put her fork down to massage her temples.

"To make her happy, sir."

"What do you want to go into for a career?"

"Marine biology."

Mr. Chase just nodded. "Why?"

"My goal is to clean the oceans and save the life forms of the ocean. I want to put ocean pollution to an end."

"Very nice."

"Thank you, sir."

"When was the last time you were intimate with someone?"

Annabeth looked up and turned bright red. "Dad!" She whisper-yelled. Her father paid her no attention. She put her face in her hands. "Oh my god." She said under her breath.

"I haven't, sir."

"Alright." There was a moment of silent consideration. Sweat trickled down the back of my neck. I could just imagine him saying no, I don't approve and you can never see Annabeth ever again. The thought of losing Annabeth made me nauseous. "I approve. You seem like a good kid. I trust you with my daughter to protect her—"

"Not that she needs it." I interjected.

He smiled at me. "And to make her happy."

Annabeth breathed a sigh of relief. "How are you so okay with this?" She asked me.

"Well, one day, I'm going to interrogate my daughter's boyfriend. The experience will help." I laughed. Annabeth and her dad joined me.

Then Annabeth smiled sweetly at me. "You already know you want a family?"

"Of course." I say. Annabeth just smiled at me with admiration. I smiled back. I could feel Mr. Chase's smile of approval form across the table.

I thought of my future. A life with Annabeth. One day, we're all grown up and have little ones with green eyes and blonde hair running all over the place. I smiled at the thought.

I was shaken from my glimpse of the future I hoped to have when the check was brought out. The burger that I had gotten was around $18. I pulled a twenty dollar bill from my pocket and handed Mr. Chase the money.

"No no, it's my treat."

"Sir, I cant let you do that."

"You can stop calling me sir, now, son. Call me Fred." He laughed.

"Sorry, Fred. But I really can't let you do that." My mother had always taught me to pay for myself. Whenever I would go out with friends, she'd give me money for the fiend's parent. She would always tell me to insist.

"You're really not going to give up are you?" He asked me.

"With all due respect, no I'm not." I smiled. He reluctantly took the money. The waitress came back and took the check.

***

"Well, that was nice." Annabeth said.

"Yes. I quite enjoyed this." I agreed. "It was great meeting you Mr. Chase." I turned to Annabeth's dad.

"Fred." He corrected.

"Right. Fred."

"It was very nice meeting you too, Percy. I hope to see more of you."

"Oh trust me, you will." Annabeth said, looking into my eyes. I smiled down at her.

"Well I'll let you two say goodbye. Annabeth, I'll bring the car around."

"Okay." Annabeth turned to me. She pulled me in close, wrapping her arms around my neck. I was reluctant to wrap my hands around her waist. "He's gone Percy. You can kiss me now." She said. 

"Finally." I said against her lips. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer to me. We kissed for a long time, totally lost in each other. We both jumped and pulled away when we heard someone honk their horn. It was Mr. Chase.

"God, He is so embarrassing." Annabeth said with a laugh.

"Please. Remember that first day at lunch with Leo? I wanted to die."

"Yeah that was funny." She laughed. "Well, I gotta go. See you tomorrow Percy. Love you."

"Love you too." I said as she walked off to the car. She got in and they drove away as I waved. I walked back to my own car and headed home.

Mr. Chase approves of me.

Oh thank God. The weight on my shoulders had decreased by fifty pounds.

I could be with Annabeth. Happily.

Author's note

YOU GUYS. 2K READS? ARE YOU INSANE?! OML LIKE MY HEART THANK YOU SO MUCH. UGH. LIKE *clutches heart before dying* But thank you so so so so so so so much. Don't forget to comment and vote. Love you guys.
-bella💕