“Are you staying?” I asked him climbing into bed pulling my blanket over me, he looked at me for a while deciding.

“yes” he answered stepping out of his shoes, and pulling his shirt off in that extremely sexy way guys do. He appeared next to me clutching me close to him, I was tired but I didn't want to go to sleep, because I didn't want him to leave. Great now I sound clingy.

“Thayne did you leave after I went to sleep last night?” I asked him.

“No, I left after your family got up” he told me.

“is working 24/7 as stressful as it sounds?” I asked him.

“sometimes” he answered.

“How are you not stressed and exhausted all the time?” I asked him.

“I don’t get exhausted and I do get stressed” he told me.

“so what do you do drink a beer and watch football to relieve it?” I asked him, he chuckled.

“no” he answered.

“Do you want me to rub your back?” I asked him.

“What?” he asked looking down at me.

“It’s a civil question would you like me to rub your back, I do it for my big brother all the time when he’s stressed and my mom does it for my dad almost every day” I told him sitting up, he looked confused.

“Seriously? You’ve never had someone rub your back?” I asked him, he still stared at me blankly. I sighed and got out of bed.

‘Where are you going?” he asked me,

“get on the floor” I told him.

‘what?” he asked me.

“Get on the floor; lay your body down on the floor” I said he got up.

“get on your stomach” I told him, he did as told and I climbed on the small of his back running my hands down his back.

“What are you-“ he groaned as I pressed in the middle and few pops could be heard, I popped the rest of it and rubbed all the knots out of his back and shoulders. There was a lot. Like a lot.

Like imagine being here before 496 A.D and working every single day, nonstop, 24/7, 365 days a year for thousands of years. That’s the amount of knots in his back. He was seriously stressed, like the next time Isaac comes whining to me about his back hurting over 7 hours of hard working I'm probably going to laugh in his face and say ‘tough, stop being a little bitch’.

“Better?” I asked when I was finally done, I stood up and he laid there for a minute and got up rolling his shoulders out, he looked generally more relaxed even his posture was less rigid.

“how did you do that?” he asked me, I shrugged.

“the perks of having a mate” I told him shrugging laying back down, he laid back down with me and clutched me closer to him.

‘Thayne how old are you?” I asked.

“I’ve been here… a while” he replied.

“how long is that?”

“What did Alex tell you?” he asked me.

“He said you were the oldest demon on Earth” I told him sitting up.

“I am” he replied, I turned around and crossed my legs facing him.

“So how old are you?” I asked him.

“I don’t know” he answered, I frowned.

“How do you not know?” I asked.

“In the beginning… I didn't spend a lot of time here, I don’t know how many years passed when I was…. Gone” he told me quietly.

“So you were… down there” I asked giving a little jerk of my head to motion down.

“yes” he answered quietly. His face was motionless as always but his eyes were holding a small tinge of regret.

“What did you do when you were there?” I asked him.

“McKenzie…” he said in  warning voice.

“Does it bother you? That your mate is a demon?” he asked me suddenly.

“Do you mean am I ashamed?” that’s the question I caught from his tone of voice, he just continued looking at me intently answering my question.

“No” I answered.

“what are you going to do in a few years when your parents decide you need a mate?” he asked me.

“I don’t need a mate, I already have one” I told him.

“Are you going to tell them?” he asked.

“yes” I answered, “I just think now is too soon, my mom already knows but my dad…” I trailed off thinking of the horrifying thought of telling my father I have a mate. Not just any mate, a demon mate.

‘but your dad?” he prompted.

“He might try to kill you” I told him. “And my brothers… they’ll try to kill you too” I told him sheepishly.

“Why would they do that?” he asked me confused.

“You know because I’m my dad’s little girl and they’re my big brothers” I told him, he suddenly vanished; just disappeared from my bed, at the same moment there was a knock at my door.  I gave a sigh of relief knowing the reason he left, and turned towards my door.

“McKenzie- why does it smell like a guy in here?” Jayden questioned flicking my light on and looking around my room. He went to my bathroom and then looked in my closet.

“Would you like to look under my bed too?” I asked him, he narrowed his eyes at me and looked under my bed for good measure.

“Whose shirt is that?” he asked me.

“Dad’s” I replied.

“That’s not dad’s shirt” he stated.

“uh… yeah it Is” I said.

“Who is he?” he asked me.

“Who?”

“Don’t play with me McKenzie, I swear I’ll go get dad right now” he told me warningly.