x i'm falling to pieces x

Lisa stared at me. I didn't care though. She could stare all she liked. Yes, it must be shocking to find one of her closest friends with the bad, scary emo boy. Ha. Get over it cheerleader, get some prep in your face.

"What are you guys-"

"We're together," I said for the millionth time. I'd been telling her that since we got here last night and it was now 11am. Alex was still in bed and I didn't blame him. He'd just found out that the reason his fucked up brother had hurt him in the first place, was because his alcaholic Dad hurt him first. Lisa looked at me, completely bewildered. "What?"

"It's just..you hate each other,"

"Hated," I corrected her. "Past tense,"

"He's fucked up though,"

"You don't know shit," I hissed. "Shit, I'm sorry. It's just-"

"You've changed Cassie,"

"What? No i haven't!"

"You're wearing hello kitty pajamas! Stereotypical emo shit right there!"

"That's bullshit," I muttered. "Look, I came here cause I needed help. Not so you could criticize me and my boyfriend. You don't know what he's going through,"

"Whatever," she rolled her eyes. "Just be out of here by tonight cause my parents are getting back,"

***

I walked into the bedroom to find Alex just lying there. He looked emotionless. He was just lying there with his eyes open. I'd say he looked dead but he was way too beautiful for that.

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"Bad dream," he murmured as I came down to sit with him. I took his hand and sighed. "My Dad's a rapist and so is my brother. What are the odds that I turn out like that?"

"You wont," I assured him. "I promise you, you will never be like that. You're too cute for that shit,"

"Jer was cute,"

"Stop doing this to yourself," I groaned. "I get it's hard, believe me. But convincing yourself that you're gonna be a rapist isn't exactly gonna make things ok, is it? No. It's gonna make things worse, so stop it."

"But it's-"

"Hard? Yeah so is life,"

"You're mean at times,"

"You're sensitive at times,"

"I'm secretly a lady,"

I smirked and moved my hand over to Alex's boxers, grabbing his buldge and making him gasp. I smiled and pulled away, shaking my head.

"Pretty sure you're a dude,"

***

Alex was now wearing some of Lisa's brothers jeans, which were cutely big on him and an oversized shirt. It was absolutley huge on him and it annoyed him, but I thought it was adorable. We were walking back to mine and it was raining. Strangley though, I didn't even care about my messed up hair. I was too busy admiring Alex's hair when it was wet. He broke the cute scale.

"Stop staring at me," he cried and ran a few paces in front of me.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed his hand, pulling him back. "Don't run away from me,"

"But I want food,"

"We'll get food at mine. It's only 5 minutes away,"

"Hey Cassie?"

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry I'm fucked up,"

I rolled my eyes. "Don't even go there,"