x broken promises x

x Broken Promises x

* Earlier *

"Just promise me that you're not going to tell anyone about what I told you about Jeremy?"

"I promise Alex,"

* Current Time *

Oh God I was a crap girlfriend. Promising Alex that I wasn't going to breathe a word, and then here I was, Alex in the shower and me awkwardly sat in the front room with Trevor.

"So..."

Well that was the most horrible icebreaker in the world. I face palmed myself. This was a horrible idea. But Alex needed help and nobody was helping him.

When you're raped numerous times, you don't hide in the dark. You get some freaking help before you get too scared, confused and alone to even function properly.

I wasn't stereotyping victims, because obviously people handled it in different ways.

But I wanted what was best for Alex and I wasn't going to risk him falling into bad habbits.

"Alex is in the shower..."

Trevor barely looked up. "Oh,"

"Don't you care?"

He stared at me. "Do I care that my son is in the shower? Not really,"

I rolled my eyes. "I mean just about Alex in general,"

He sighed at me. "Of course I do. He's my son. Just because we're not the apple pie, white picket fence family that you are, doesn't mean that you can question my love for him."

"I know you care about him," I said quietly. "I'm just wondering why you don't tell him that."

"What? Alex knows I love him. Why? Has he said something to you?"

I took in a deep breath; not sure if I wanted to go on with this. Alex had told me that Trevor never actually physically abused him, but what if he really did? And if so, would Trevor hit him for telling me?

Oh god.

So much pressure..so little time to think about whether I actually wanted to do this.

Shit.

This was a terrible idea.

Ugh.

Stupid.

Alex.

And his emo ways!

Stupid Jeremy.

Stupid dead Jeremy.

See?

This was why I needed a beauty sleep.

I bet that a million veins were popping out in my forehead right now.

Breathe, Cassie. Just breathe.

I let out a breath.

"I know about Jeremy,"

* Alex's Pov *

Drying my legs off, I pulled my boxers up and then dropped the towel to the floor. I was smiling, which was was a weird thing. I hardly smiled. I guess now I had Cassie, I could always smile.

I walked up to the sink, twisting the tap on and waiting for it to warm up. Once reasonably hot, I splashed some water in my face. Only once I pulled my head back up, a reflection in the mirror made me gasp.