x imaginary x

* Jeremy's Pov*

I stared at him in the eye. My Father. My sick, sick Father. How he had ruined my life. How he had ruined my childhood. He was a disgusting person; and then he acted like I was to blame for hurting his precious little son? He was the reason I hurt Alex. It wasn't my fault.

"What?" He demanded, turning a corner on the road. "Why are you staring at me?"

"Just missed my old man," I chuckled. "You noticed the sarcasm in that, right?"

"Shut up," he muttered. "Where are you staying? I'll drop you off,"

"I'm staying with you," I shrugged. "Hey maybe I can sleep in Alex's room?"

"SHUT THE FUCK UP!"

He slammed his foot down on the breaks and pulled over. Glaring at me, he clenched his fists.

"Look Jeremy, I only called you here so-"

"So you could get your ass outta jail?" I smirked. "Yes I know. But the reality is, I did you a favor so now...I believe you owe me one,"

"What do you want Jer?"

"Don't call me that," I sighed and shook my head. "Only Alex calls me that. Ok? No one else. But since you're asking, I'd like a place to stay for a couple of days."

"I'll give you some money for a motel and-"

"I'd like to stay with you Dad,"

"No,"

"Ok," I shrugged. "I guess I'll be paying Alex a visit. I hear he has a new girlfriend? Her name's Cassie, right?"

"How the fuck do you know?"

I chuckled. "It's cute that you think I'd just leave with no struggle,"

"I spared your life! I could've killed you! I fucking wanted to kill you!"

"Dad," I sighed. "Dad, Dad, Dad. Look at me really closely. Go on. Look real close,"

***

* Alex's Pov *

Dad was talking to himself. He'd gotten out of jail because they'd called Jeremy's Mom and she'd confirmed that Jer had left town. Which was a lie of course. But I remember that night, Jer told me he was going away for a bit. He'd obviously told his Mom.

When Dad got back, he looked really uneasy. Like he always did when he was 100 percent sober. When he was a little drunk, he was nicer and seemed calmer. When he was sober, he was a little uneasy.

"Is your Dad on the phone?" Cassie asked. We were lying on the mattress in my room, curled up next to a small heater. It was freezing.

"Yeah," I lied. She didn't need to know anything. "I'm just gonna go see him for a second,"

"No," she murmured. "I don't want you guys getting into a fight. You've both had a rough day, you're both tired, you're both willing to take anger out on each other. Just go to sleep, ok?"

I sighed. "Yeah, ok."

***

I woke up with Cassie. I smiled. I liked Cassie. She was really nice; like a sister or something. I didn't want her though, I wanted my Mom.

So I stood up, making sure I didn't wake Cassie as I walked out of my room. Making my way to my parents bedroom, I knocked on the door before walking in.

"Mommy?"

I closed the door and walked over to the double bed. I could see my Dad underneath the covers, but Mom wasn't there. Why wasn't Mom there?

"Daddy?"

He shifted a little, groaning and rubbing his eyes. "Alex? What you doing in here kid?"

"Where's Mommy?"

He face palmed himself and I gave him a weird look. Why did he look upset?

"Daddy what's wrong?"

"Alex how old are you?"

"What?"

"Just answer the question," he sighed. "Come on, how old are you?"

"10," I said, kind of unsure. "Why?"

He mumbled something to himself before shaking his head. "It doesn't matter. Come here, Mom's not in tonight but you can stay with me, okay?"

"Ok," I smiled and jumped into bed. I crawled between Dad's arms and lay there, snuggling into his chest. He flinched a little and gasped. "What's wrong Daddy?"

"Nothing," he said quietly. "It's ok,"

"But Daddy-"

"I don't want you to be scared," he whispered. "But..Jeremy's here,"

I wasn't sure whether to be happy or scared. "Jer?"

"It's ok though," he assured me. "He wont hurt you,"

"Where is he?" I asked.

"At the door. He's talking to you but you don't need to say anything,"

I looked over at the door. "Daddy Jeremy isn't there,"

"Don't lie," he muttered. "I know it's hard but he's there,"

"No Daddy he's not!"

"Yes he is! He's right there!"

"No Daddy!" I closed my eyes, getting scared.

***

I felt weird. Like I'd just woken up from a dream or something. I looked around the room, kinda surprised that I was in my Dad's room. And more surprised that Dad was talking to a door.

"No. He was just scared. He didn't want to know you where here. You're fucking here! Stop it Jeremy,"

Jeremy?

But..Jeremy was dead. No one was there.

"Dad?" I whimpered. "What are you doing?"

"Alex," he begged desperatley. "Don't look!"

"Why?"

"You can't see Jeremy! You'll get too scared!"

"But Dad there's nothing-"

"Shut up!" He cried. "Just stop it!"

And then he started fighting with himself. It looked like he was trying to push someone away, but really he just looked kinda weird.

"Cassie!"

"No! He'll hurt her too!" Dad cried. "Just be quiet, Alex! Be quiet and maybe he'll go away,"

So just to calm him down, I shut up. But something was seriously wrong with him. Something was really wrong.