Chapter 8- Aidan

"What has happened to me?" I sob into Sam Two's shoulder.

Aidan's sweater has been removed, and Sam One and Aidan are examining my still glowing birthmark. Just one look at it and I can tell I'm a freak. Kye is probably laughing at me, after all he had told me, his truth was finally setting in.

"Don't worry Kat, everything is going to be okay. I'm sure it will stop glowing soon. Just try to keep calm and we will all figure out what's going on." Sam Two soothes.

Another sob escapes my lips and I bury my face in her shoulder. Nothing is going to be alright anymore. I have only been in the house for a few hours and I am already beginning to lose everything that makes me human. I am becoming more and more like Kye as the clock ticks on. I'm sure he's very pleased.

I want to say something, tell them I'm sorry for everything I've done. I want to appologize for being such a freak. But all that comes out of my mouth is another sob. I'm so ashamed of myself.

Suddenly, before I can work up the nerves to talk, the door behind me opens on it's own. I look up, a tear falling to the ground, and Sam Two helps me to my feet. I wipe me eyes, trying to hide myself from the others.

"Should we go in there?" The girl I just saved asks quietly. She hasn't said a thing since I pulled her from the floor. But she looks at me, not with disgust any more, but with a mild fascination and curiosity that makes me feel a little better.

"I don't think we have much of a choice," I sniffle, "I'm sure Kye has noticed me glowing by now. We won't be able to avoid meeting him much longer. Maybe it's best we just get it over with and hope everything goes well."

The others nod slowly, but it's obvious they are as nervous as I am. Aidan hands me his sweater again, and I am more than happy to have my glowing mark covered up. I can still see a faint glow beneath the fabric, but I am determined to look away. Out of site out of mind right?

I step through the door first, determined that if there was anything waiting for us it would get me first. Kye wouldn't risk my life to get the others, and that I was absolutely sure of. 

But nothing could have prepared me for what I see when I walk through that door. I had been expecting something like the room I had been in before with Kye, old fashioned, well furnished and sophisticated. Instead I see an endless walls of televisions, each playing scenes of different rooms in the house. I realize then that we are standing in a security office, and the screens show each and every room in the house.

"This place is amazing!" Aidan says as he walks around examining the screens.

"These are all of the rooms in this house?" Rebecca asks looking around her, "There are so many of them!" 

"Look, there are the others!" Sam One cries pointing to a faded screen.

And then I can see them. They are all crowded in a cramped room, sitting on the floor with a few trays of food in front of them. I see Quinn sitting in the corner with her head down, short brown locks falling into her eyes. Relief pours through me just seeing that she is alive and well.

"Okay, so we know where they are, and that they are being kept alive. But how do we get to them?" Sam Two asks, putting a thoughtful hand to her chin.

"Maybe there are some floor plans here that will lead us to them..." Aidan tries.

"That won't work," I say, "This house is just another puppet that Kye controls. Everything changes when he wants it to, and that's why he knows we won't find them. If we want to get them out safe and find a way out of here, we are going to need to find a way to out smart him. Any one have any ideas?"